OpenEdge Management resource polling is disabled after prolo

Posted by Kai Siegele on 20-Sep-2017 03:55

Hallo,

yesterday I prolonged my license using OpenEdge. Today I started my fathom and all resources are disabeld. When selecting one of the resource I got the error message OpenEdge Management resource polling is disabled. That’s funny, isn’t it?

When searching for the reason, I found the article http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000041658. This article suggests the solution: Manually re-add the resources that need to be monitored.

Has anyone an idea how to re-add reasource with least effort?

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 20-Sep-2017 08:34

All resources in OEE are disabled internally for polling.  (bit of guess work here) As soon as OEM was started with an expired license, your configuration was reverted back to OEE behavior, and OEM functionality was disabled.  When OEE is running polling, alerting, and trending are all disabled.  This is very intentional since these features are only available in OEM.  You can reenable these under Options -> resource monitoring menu.

Your individual resources were likely also set to polling disabled since OEE was running.

A couple of options depending on if you want to stop adminserver and/or you can write a shell script.

>go to options->resource polling and make sure polling is enabled there
>proadsv -stop -keepservers
>fathom -dump fathom.xml
>cp fathom.xml fathom.xml.bk

search+replace fathom.xml to replace the value for “PollingEnabled” with true

>fathom -load fathom.xml
>proadsv -start

Alternatively, if you don’t want to stop the adminserver you can write a shell script you can use fathom command line tooling

Look at “fathom -reslist” and “fathom -enable” commands.

Couple of knowledge base article on this you may be able to adapt.

This thread is closed