Icon inSensitive

Posted by goo on 11-Sep-2017 15:12

I wonder if there is an easy way of makeing an icon "blured" or kind of inSensitive look ? I can't use the same icon on both sensitive and insensitive... is there a tricks? or do I have to make two icons?

//Geir Otto

Sorry, has been a while since I did this :-)

Posted by goo on 12-Sep-2017 07:27

The left column (both .ico) is not that easy to spot a diff.... that's why I would like to change it a bit.. 

the right column, is here using a .gif that is converted.... (I found a tool that converts .png to .gif and makes an disabled layout....

All Replies

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 12-Sep-2017 03:23

If you use the icon on a button, then it gets a bit grayed out when the button becomes insensitive. If you use it different and cannot make its parent item insensitive then using 2 icons could be a good alternative.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 12-Sep-2017 06:35

I may be saying the same thing as Patrick, so I apologize if this is redundant.

If you only have a sensitive image on a button, OpenEdge will automatically draw the insensitive (grayed) version of the icon for you. If you have both sensitive and insensitive images on a button OpenEdge uses the insensitive image without modification. So if you want your button to have the grayed look when insensitive, don't load an insensitive image.

Posted by goo on 12-Sep-2017 07:20

If that is true, icon gives a result that is very difficult to se the diff between, and I have to be honest, I really don't like the layout of gif either. The top row is enabled...

Posted by goo on 12-Sep-2017 07:27

The left column (both .ico) is not that easy to spot a diff.... that's why I would like to change it a bit.. 

the right column, is here using a .gif that is converted.... (I found a tool that converts .png to .gif and makes an disabled layout....

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 12-Sep-2017 07:37

I forgot that you're using actual .ico files. The automatic graying doesn't work for .ico files.

There's seems to be a post missing. I got email that showed that you converted the icons to GIF files and generated nice-looking disabled images, so it looks like you've found a good solution.

This thread is closed