progetstack equivalent for _mproapsv

Posted by mroberts@rev.com.au on 24-Jul-2017 23:54

Hi,

OE11.7.1 on Windows 64bit environment

I'm trying to debug issues in a PASOE appserver (_mproapsv), and progetstack is not an option available any more.

The database is a remote connection, so  Database Diagnostics are not an option that I can use.

The scenario is, we have developers working off a PAS instance, and when some changes are made, they use the REST API to stop the agent (equivalent to the TRIM of old).  This is because there seems to be some cached code or persistent procedures running on the appserver,,and a restart is required to pick up the new code.

Occasionally, the "trimming" of the agent causes the whole PAS instance to become unusable.  In trying to work out how though, I'm finding that my ability to analyse whats happening in the _mproapsv process is not like it used to be on an _proapsv process.

Is there anything obvious that I am missing relating to looking into the new PASOE agents.

Thanks

Mark.

Posted by Irfan on 25-Jul-2017 16:03

Hi Mark,

progetstack does not work for MS-Agent, instead one can look at each sessions stack using our REST API's.

You can perform use the below URL pattern with GET method to get the session stack information.

http(s)://host_name:port/oemanager/applications/<applicationName>/agents/<agentid>/sessions/<sessionid>/stacks.

If you would like to reload your new code, then instead of terminating agents you can terminate IDLE sessions(if you are not running anything on the agent). This will terminate all the sessions which are IDLE and will start new sessions once you get incoming requests.

To invoke it from a client like cURL, here is the syntax

curl -X DELETE -v -u username:password "host_name:port/.../sessions"

Also, if you would like to reset your sessions(persistent procedures etc) after executing you business logic then you can do that by using ABL Statement "QUIT" operation at the end of your business logic or in sessionDeactivateProcedure.

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 25-Jul-2017 16:03

Hi Mark,

progetstack does not work for MS-Agent, instead one can look at each sessions stack using our REST API's.

You can perform use the below URL pattern with GET method to get the session stack information.

http(s)://host_name:port/oemanager/applications/<applicationName>/agents/<agentid>/sessions/<sessionid>/stacks.

If you would like to reload your new code, then instead of terminating agents you can terminate IDLE sessions(if you are not running anything on the agent). This will terminate all the sessions which are IDLE and will start new sessions once you get incoming requests.

To invoke it from a client like cURL, here is the syntax

curl -X DELETE -v -u username:password "host_name:port/.../sessions"

Also, if you would like to reset your sessions(persistent procedures etc) after executing you business logic then you can do that by using ABL Statement "QUIT" operation at the end of your business logic or in sessionDeactivateProcedure.

Posted by mroberts@rev.com.au on 26-Jul-2017 03:16

Thanks Irfan,

That works well.

I could not find references to these REST APIs in the online docs

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Is there a more complete list around that shows these extra bits?  Or any others that are worth playing with?

Thanks

Mark

Posted by Irfan on 26-Jul-2017 06:49

Mark,

These were not into documentation in 11.7.1, we are going to add this information in our latest releases.

This thread is closed