Temp-table bg / fb color definitions

Posted by Kim Ward on 18-Jul-2017 04:35

Hello,

I have defined a temp-table like:

define temp-table ttTest NO-UNDO
    field cTest as character fgcolor 10 bgcolor 12. 

and had hoped to be able to retrieve the fgcolor and bgcolor at a later time. However I've found that this property isn't
queryable on the buffer-field handle. Can anybody shed any light on whether this is possible?

Thanks,

Kim

Posted by Ken McIntosh on 19-Jul-2017 14:15

What happens when you query these attributes in the widgets that are created when they're displayed?

For instance:

DEFINE FRAME foo ttTest.cTest.

MESSAGE ttTest.cTest:BGCOLOR IN FRAME foo

VEW-AS ALERT-BOX.

If these attributes are indeed inherited by the objects when they're displayed, then you should be able to test them using OBJECT references (as above).

If indeed that works I'm guessing this is expected behavior because those attributes are not relevant to BUFFER-FIELDs per se.  Though they're clearly relevant to the field level widgets created for user interaction with their data.

Ken Mc

All Replies

Posted by olivier.dunemann on 19-Jul-2017 00:25

These settings (and the "font" too) are used, by default, when you display the field as a fill-in or inside a browse.

They seem, indeed, not directly queryable from the buffer-field handle.

I didn't found anything relevant in the knowledge base regarding this, so you might ask Progress Support if this should be considered as a bug.

Posted by Ken McIntosh on 19-Jul-2017 14:15

What happens when you query these attributes in the widgets that are created when they're displayed?

For instance:

DEFINE FRAME foo ttTest.cTest.

MESSAGE ttTest.cTest:BGCOLOR IN FRAME foo

VEW-AS ALERT-BOX.

If these attributes are indeed inherited by the objects when they're displayed, then you should be able to test them using OBJECT references (as above).

If indeed that works I'm guessing this is expected behavior because those attributes are not relevant to BUFFER-FIELDs per se.  Though they're clearly relevant to the field level widgets created for user interaction with their data.

Ken Mc

Posted by Kim Ward on 21-Jul-2017 01:39

Thanks Ken. I tested your example and I guess that makes sense. Generally there would be no need to expose these parameters on a buffer-field.

This thread is closed