11.7.1 Issue with ribbon

Posted by Darren Parr on 14-Jul-2017 11:05

Hi

For some reason, the ultratoolbarsmanager isn't working correctly, I'm unsure why this is the case.The system runs fine but in design mode, the tools arent selectable. Moreover the ribbon cant be clicked, As soon as you do it alternates between the main form and the dockable top to the toolbar.

I'm beginning to think this is an issue with the combination of 11.7.1, creators update and the compatibility override to ensure you can see the forms of dpi scaling.

Any ideas?

Darren

Posted by Darren Parr on 19-Jul-2017 02:06

OK. I know people will read this even though I've had no replies. I think this is down to it not being other peoples experience. I think I've got to the bottom of this.

Infragistics controls with 11.7.1 BREAK the UI designer with Infragistics controls. I'm running Windows 10 with creators update. There is a crash of the installer which I don't believe is causing the main issue..

Its not just the toolbar. Its pretty much anything infragistics. Even dragging an ultrabutton on an ABL form doesnt work. It appears in the yellow section like its a non visual component.

The first thing you notice is that the assemblies update utility doesn't show the new control versions. Maybe this is down to the crash of the installer. So you have controls in the GAC which don't correlate with the tool.

I've deployed the new controls from oeide with all of our users. They are running version of Progress from 11.5.1 to 11.6 and 11.7. Design mode is broken in all of these which leads me to believe its the infragistics controls. The system runs fine but design is a no-no.

My advice is stay clear of 11.7.1 for now.

-D

All Replies

Posted by Darren Parr on 14-Jul-2017 11:36

OK.

Some testing.

PC1 is running 11.5.1 PDSOE and creators update. The toolbar can't be clicked in design mode.

PC2 is running 11.6 PDSOE and is not running creators update. Again the toolbar can't be clicked.

I'm stumped with this. We don't do much with the toolbar as it's complete. It was clearly working a few months ago  as I created a new form with the ribbon and the farpoint spread control but we can't be sure when it stopped. Someone must know about this as its across all our machines.

Thanks

Darren

Posted by Darren Parr on 19-Jul-2017 02:06

OK. I know people will read this even though I've had no replies. I think this is down to it not being other peoples experience. I think I've got to the bottom of this.

Infragistics controls with 11.7.1 BREAK the UI designer with Infragistics controls. I'm running Windows 10 with creators update. There is a crash of the installer which I don't believe is causing the main issue..

Its not just the toolbar. Its pretty much anything infragistics. Even dragging an ultrabutton on an ABL form doesnt work. It appears in the yellow section like its a non visual component.

The first thing you notice is that the assemblies update utility doesn't show the new control versions. Maybe this is down to the crash of the installer. So you have controls in the GAC which don't correlate with the tool.

I've deployed the new controls from oeide with all of our users. They are running version of Progress from 11.5.1 to 11.6 and 11.7. Design mode is broken in all of these which leads me to believe its the infragistics controls. The system runs fine but design is a no-no.

My advice is stay clear of 11.7.1 for now.

-D

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 19-Jul-2017 05:41

I have been running 11.7.1 since it came out and have not had a problem. I have not been updating many forms but I will check again.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 19-Jul-2017 06:06

I was able to drop Ultra controls on my form with no issues. I am also running WIN10 creators update.

Is this 64-bit or 32-bit.

This thread is closed