Cross platform (unix, windows, web) Reporting

Posted by sjellin.dovetail on 28-Jun-2017 08:13

Hi All,

Background

We are currently running a mix of OE 11.4 / 11.6 on Windows / Linux servers with a windows client install and a Rest interface and custom HTML/JS interface.  We currently use the crystal.net viewer but this doesn't run on unix (and Crystal JRC looks a bit expensive).  We have also used BIRT which seems ok if a bit limited in what we need to do with our documents.

I'm looking for a cross platform report generation / document generation software. Commercial (depending on licensing / redistribution costs) or Free / Open Source is also acceptable. 

Key requirement

1. Be able to generate documents (Waybills, Labels, Manifests etc - i.e. formatted multi page documents) preferably as PDF output.

2. The output should be automate-able with the ability to auto email or save a PDF server side based - i.e. no need to have user interaction. 

3. Have built in or easily plug and playable Barcode generation support (minimum Code 128)

4. Have a form designer where the layouts can be designed.

5. Be able to consume our existing XML structure as a generic data source.

If anyone knows of reasonably priced (or free) software that will run on unix / windows / web (optional) with PDF output capabilities please let me know.

Thanking everyone in advance.

All Replies

Posted by Carlos Vázquez on 19-Nov-2017 13:53

Hi Sjellin, we created a similar app based in Rest, and I´m too interesting in a PDF solution, I looked that you are using BIRT, it look interesting, do you have some doc about using Birt with progress?

Regards

Posted by onnodehaan on 19-Nov-2017 13:56

Hi,

We use JasperReports to generate reports. We've build API's and webservices around it.

Posted by bollore on 20-Nov-2017 03:38

Hi there,

We currently use Ideal Software's VPE component to generate documents like waybills, labels etc.

This thread is closed