OE 11.6 Dev studio fails to open class in visual designer

Posted by Paul Radbone on 28-Jun-2017 03:57

Hi,

We have a support case open with progress for this defect, but wondered if anyone had experienced the same and had found a workaround?

Basically when opening the visual designer we get the following error message:

Visual Designer Cannot load this class: and exception occured loading the design canvas: The invoked member is not supported before the type is created.

Regards,

Paul Radbone.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 28-Jun-2017 09:26

I've had this before when the class contained a variable of the same type as the class itself. Is that the case here as well? I would have to look up how I worked around it...

All Replies

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 28-Jun-2017 09:26

I've had this before when the class contained a variable of the same type as the class itself. Is that the case here as well? I would have to look up how I worked around it...

Posted by Tung on 28-Jun-2017 10:21

Sorry, not quite.

We're using a superclass form inheriting Progress.Windows.Form and any form inheriting it can't be opened in the designer.

We also have an inherited RadGridView and a variable defined as this superclass type stops it  being added to a control group in the toolbox or added to a form.

Edit: I was wrong, there was a variable for an inherited form of the same class, e.g. TopForm.cls had a variable of class SubForm.cls that inherited TopForm.cls. I thought I needed the variable to do a cast of THIS-OBJECT into the SubForm variable but THIS-OBJECT:GetClass():TypeName gives me 'SubForm', I mistakenly thought it would give 'TopForm'. That means I don't need the variable at all.

This thread is closed