Digital signature for SOAP request

Posted by Rohan Khanna on 11-May-2017 02:29

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to make a SOAP web service call. To make the web service call the SOAP web service request needs to be digitally signed. The signature method algorithm is "xmldsig#rsa-sha1". Is there any native way in progress to sign the web service request ?

OE Version : 11.4.

Thanks in advance

Rohan K.

Posted by fvanleeu on 12-May-2017 04:51

Sorry, not a native solution but we use OPENSSL through an os-command for this:

openssl.exe dgst -sha1 -sign "certificateFile" -passin pass:certificatePassword  -out "sha1File"  "fileToSign" 2> "erroutputFile"

If you need more information let me know.

All Replies

Posted by fvanleeu on 12-May-2017 04:51

Sorry, not a native solution but we use OPENSSL through an os-command for this:

openssl.exe dgst -sha1 -sign "certificateFile" -passin pass:certificatePassword  -out "sha1File"  "fileToSign" 2> "erroutputFile"

If you need more information let me know.

Posted by David O'Regan on 12-May-2017 05:15

Hi Rohan,

It's my understanding that Progress has no native support for the RSA encryption algorithm.

See below link for more information/options. Personally I'm also using OpenSSL in much the same method as fvanleeu.

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P176068

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 13-May-2017 04:58

Correct, Progress OpenEdge does not support public/private key encryption in the ABL language.

FYI:  The DLC/bin/sslc utility IS the OpenSSL utility but under a different file name for historical purposes.   It is guaranteed to be the same version as that shipped with the OpenEdge release, and it is always there.

Mike Jacobs.

Posted by David O'Regan on 15-May-2017 07:54

Thanks Michael, DLC/bin/sslc is good to know. I'll look into making use of it instead of relying on OpenSSL installs.

Posted by Rohan Khanna on 16-May-2017 00:09

Thank you everyone for your response, will explore OpenSSL for digital signature of SOAP web service request.

This thread is closed