Instance start up timed out for Pacific Application Server

Posted by Kai Siegele on 14-Mar-2017 04:07

Hallo,

I am using the 64-bit version of Open Edge under Windows 10 and I have created two application servers and two pacific application servers.

Today starting one of the servers fails with the message: Instance start up timed out for name-of-my-server. Starting the other one works without problems.

Has anyone an idea why I get this error for my first pacific application server? Or where to find further information in one of the log-files? Neither in the log-files in the catalina-directory nor in the log-files in the subdirectory of this server I have found any useful information.

After rebooting my computer starting both servers works without any problems.

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 14-Mar-2017 04:24

Hi Kai Siegele,

When the server is not able to start with in specified time then timeout message sent to users. If you are using PDS OE, you can increase the startup and shutdown timeout for PAS OE server from sever editor. Here are the steps:

-          Go to Servers view from PDS OE

-          Double click on PAS instance

-          Expand “Timeouts” and increase the values under Start and Stop.

Note: Generally we will see timeout errors when system resources are low. Sometimes restarting of the server solves the problem.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Kai Siegele on 14-Mar-2017 05:22

Hallo Sanjeev,

thanks for the quick reply.

If I got timeout errors when system resources are low, is there any way to check them before starting pacific application server?

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

By the way: The timeout parameter is set to 20000 ms.

This thread is closed