Why does AppBuilder GUI compiler moves internal procedures (

Posted by Ivan Atanasov on 28-Feb-2017 06:55

Hi 

First time posting here.

Does someone know why the compiler moves internal procedures of GUI (.w) files which have an attached .wrx?

In my case - updated GUI object 'Enabled' flag which after a recompile moved an internal procedure.

Only applies when file has one or more OCX (Active X) files. 

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 03-Mar-2017 11:24

Hi Ivan,

When you save a .w in the AppBuilder, it regenerates some parts of the code (i.e. the stuff it handles internally).  Your code is stored in temp-table records and then written out.  I am not sure why it would change the order of things, unless the .w was edited manually outside of the AppBuilder (not supported).

If the AppBuilder is moving the procedures around to a different location after every save you should open a support case so we can look into it further.

Brian

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 03-Mar-2017 11:24

Hi Ivan,

When you save a .w in the AppBuilder, it regenerates some parts of the code (i.e. the stuff it handles internally).  Your code is stored in temp-table records and then written out.  I am not sure why it would change the order of things, unless the .w was edited manually outside of the AppBuilder (not supported).

If the AppBuilder is moving the procedures around to a different location after every save you should open a support case so we can look into it further.

Brian

Posted by Ivan Atanasov on 03-Apr-2017 06:33

Hi Brain,

After your clarification this now makes sense why to internally handled code was getting moved around. Happens when different version program changes patched into each other via a comparison tool. Thanks one more time.

Ivan

Posted by AdrianJones on 03-Apr-2017 07:44

when i had issues like this i found opening and then immediately saving would produce consistent behaviour, so minimising erroneous diff creation. So i tended to do that before checking back into source control.

This thread is closed