Startup procedure cannot be found (293)

Posted by Richard.Kelters on 18-Feb-2017 10:05

I'm using a simple script to startup a procedure (Linux OE 11.5). At one client it works fine. At this client I get error 293. If I add the .p after the procedure name the editor is opened. Then just simply running the procedure works fine. What am I missing?

I checked the knowledge base with no solution.

Here's my script:

DLC=/u/dlc
DLCBIN=$DLC/bin
PROGRAM=/u/test/program
PROPATH=.,$PROGRAM,$PROGRAM/sources,$DLC
PROMDB=/u/oefen/promille
PATH=$PATH:$DLC:$DLCIN

export PATH DLC DLCBIN PROGRAM PROPATH PROMDB
$DLCBIN/mpro $PROMDB -d dmy -yy 1950 -v6colon -cpinternal ISO8859-15 -cpstream ISO8859-15 -p "$1"
exit

Posted by Richard.Kelters on 20-Feb-2017 13:05

The typo was not the problem. One client only has a runtime licence the other also has a development licence which explains the editor popping up after the startup procedure which did not end with a quit. The startup procedure had a bug which lead me to believe it did not run.

The error that a procedure could not be found if I didn't supply the extention looks like a bug. According to the 11.6 help:

If the AVM cannot find an r-code file and there is a source code file of the same name, the AVM attempts to compile and run the source code file. Note that all searches for procedure names are not case sensitive.

The last note contradicts an earlier remark:

On UNIX, external procedure names are case sensitive.

All Replies

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 20-Feb-2017 01:14

Hi Richard,

PATH=$PATH:$DLC:$DLCIN

I think there should be DLCBIN or is it a typo?

Also in this string PROPATH=.,$PROGRAM,$PROGRAM/sources,$DLC try to use a colon instead of a comma as a delimiter

Posted by Richard.Kelters on 20-Feb-2017 02:12

Thanks Valeriy! Hope it fixes my problem, tonight I'll test it.

Posted by Richard.Kelters on 20-Feb-2017 13:05

The typo was not the problem. One client only has a runtime licence the other also has a development licence which explains the editor popping up after the startup procedure which did not end with a quit. The startup procedure had a bug which lead me to believe it did not run.

The error that a procedure could not be found if I didn't supply the extention looks like a bug. According to the 11.6 help:

If the AVM cannot find an r-code file and there is a source code file of the same name, the AVM attempts to compile and run the source code file. Note that all searches for procedure names are not case sensitive.

The last note contradicts an earlier remark:

On UNIX, external procedure names are case sensitive.

Posted by Fernando Souza on 20-Feb-2017 13:20

Regarding "The error that a procedure could not be found if I didn't supply the extention looks like a bug"

That is only applicable if the procedure name has an extension. The same doc goes on to say:

If you omit the extension, then the AVM first adds a .r to the name you specify and searches the first directory for an r-code file with that name. If none is found, then the AVM searches for a source file with no suffix or extension.

Posted by Richard.Kelters on 20-Feb-2017 13:57

Sorry for missing that. Thank you Fernando.

This thread is closed