OEManagerNotAccessible-exception when testing connection for

Posted by Kai Siegele on 13-Feb-2017 04:12

Hallo,

I am using the 64-bit version of Open Edge and I have created a new pacific application server. After I have specified all parameters testing connection fails with the following error message:
PAS Connection test failed – Server returned 403.
Forbidden for localhost:8821/.../ with an HTML response (17899).

Testing connection for predefind pas oepas1 works without any problems and accessing the new pas via http.port using ABL comannd connect works without any problems too.

Has anyone an idea why I get this excpetion? Or where to find further information?

Kind regards
Kai Siegele

Posted by Andriy Mishin on 14-Feb-2017 09:02

Hi Kai,

I think differently, but everyone chooses what he was comfortable ;-)

I use the OEManagement, so do not know if there is in the OEExplorer, but you can try the following:

1. Go to instance page:

2. Stop instance

3. Click on Extras icon in Command and Control section

4. On the Extras page choose what you need.

"Install Tomcat manager web application" - equivalent to manager.war

"Install Pacific Application Server OpenEdge manager web application" -  - equivalent to oemanager.war

5. Start instance.

I hope this helps

All Replies

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 13-Feb-2017 10:16

Might be that the optional remote management web applications did not get added to your new PAS server instance?  Check in the webapps directory to see if if manager and oemanager directories exist.

When you create a new PAS server instance only the minimum required web application (ROOT) is added, meaning that the remote management Tomcat Manager and OpenEdge Manager web applications do not get deployed.   I use the -f command line option to add the optional remote management applications when I want them.

pasman create -f ...

Mike J.

Posted by Kai Siegele on 14-Feb-2017 04:46

Hallo Mike,

thanks for your answer.

You are right: The war-files have not been copied in the wabapps directory so far.

Now I want to correct the error using Open Edge Explorer. For this purpose I have tried following steps:

I have selected my new Pacific Application Server.

On the page I have selected the same Pacific Application Server under ABL Applications.

I have changed the configuration: On tab Advanced I have set pc.as.autodeploy to true.

Unfortunately after stopping and restarting the pas the error is still there.

Do you have another idea?

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

By the way: Is there any documentation showing what pasman parameter is related to which edit field in Open Edge Explorer?

Posted by Andriy Mishin on 14-Feb-2017 04:57

For deploy manager and oemanager apps if you not using -f option when create instance you need to deploy it manually:

pasoeinstance_dir/bin/tcman.sh deploy $DLC/servers/pasoe/extras/manager.war

pasoeinstance_dir/bin/tcman.sh deploy $DLC/servers/pasoe/extras/oemanager.war

then restart insttance.

Posted by Kai Siegele on 14-Feb-2017 07:19

Hallo Andriy,

thanks for your answer. After invoking proenv as administrator and using –u parameter for deploying oemanager testing connection is successful.

But using proenv with pasman and tcman and myriad of parameters is very cumbersome and error prone, isn’t it?

So the best way to manage all my pacific application servers and it’s attributes should be to use the Open Edge Explorer, right? Has anyone another idea how to create a pas equivalent of invoking pasman with –f as parameter?

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

Posted by Andriy Mishin on 14-Feb-2017 09:02

Hi Kai,

I think differently, but everyone chooses what he was comfortable ;-)

I use the OEManagement, so do not know if there is in the OEExplorer, but you can try the following:

1. Go to instance page:

2. Stop instance

3. Click on Extras icon in Command and Control section

4. On the Extras page choose what you need.

"Install Tomcat manager web application" - equivalent to manager.war

"Install Pacific Application Server OpenEdge manager web application" -  - equivalent to oemanager.war

5. Start instance.

I hope this helps

Posted by Andriy Mishin on 14-Feb-2017 09:05

and one more thing...

I am using OpenEdge 11.6.3.

Posted by Irfan on 14-Feb-2017 09:08

Hi Kai,

You have different options to create and maintain your instances. Obviously OEE/OEM is a easier approach as you can manage all your PASOE Instances from one browser console.

If you want do everyhting online then "pasman/tcman" are best approaches. You can choose to do it from "proenv" or run a shell script that runs pasman/tcman from $DLC/bin.

Posted by Kai Siegele on 14-Feb-2017 09:20

Thank you for your answer. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Kind regards Kai

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 14-Mar-2019 09:14

Does anyone know where 'extras' option disappeared to in OEM 11.7.4? It looks like the user interface has been cleaned up a bit too much.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 14-Mar-2019 09:19

Try the Web Applications tab > Deploy > type in 'oemanager' and click 'Deploy'.
Or use either the tcman deploy or pasman deploy commands to deploy the oemanager.war using cli

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 14-Mar-2019 10:33

Thanks! I'd already deployed them from the command line.

The documentation is VERY confusing / quite a mess. The What's new in 11.7.4 pdf contains "3. In the Commandandcontrol section of the page, click Extras. The Extras page appears. For the Web applications that are already installed on the PAS for OpenEdge, a notification is displayed."

Posted by Prabhash Bhasker on 14-Mar-2019 10:52

Will convey this to the doc team and get it corrected.

This thread is closed