Can't use a class from an USING statement....

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 11-Feb-2017 16:34

Last year, a coworker developed a demo of fingerprint program.. using Suprema scanner..

But now I recovered project from local gitlab, and set up it, intalled suprema sdk, copied dlls to root of project, but a once fine program that did what it was meant to do, now I can't compile it...

I did regsvr32 on dlls, but got error about "registering the module, but no point to enter" (or something like that: it was in spanish)

USING Progress.Lang.*.
USING Suprema.* FROM ASSEMBLY.

BLOCK-LEVEL ON ERROR UNDO, THROW.

CLASS procs.enroll.Act.BioLogin INHERITS Form:

    DEFINE PRIVATE VARIABLE matcher           AS CLASS     Suprema.UFMatcher                         NO-UNDO.
    DEFINE PRIVATE VARIABLE scannerManager    AS CLASS     Suprema.UFScannerManager                  NO-UNDO.

ThHe USING was originally  without the "FROM ASSEMBLY" option.

Any help would be appreciated

TIA  Jorge

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Feb-2017 05:19

Are you using the -assemblies Startup Parameter (or the Assemblies setting in PDSOE)?

If yes, you need to copy those .dll files into that folder.

If not, the .dll files need to be in your Progress session working directory.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 11-Feb-2017 16:38

.NET Assemblies don’t require registration via regsvr32.

Which error do you receive? Please describe your problem a bit more.

[...]

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 11-Feb-2017 18:13

Thanks...

When I click the Add Assembly Reference, it shows the window to add.... and choosing dlls from all over the place (installed by sdk, copied to project dir, etc) it throws following error:   "The following library could not be loaded:   e:\projectdir\\Suprema.UFScanner.dll", and the same for a UFScanner.dll file in the same directory...  and chossing from C:\Program Files (x86)\Suprema\UFE34\bin\*.dll, also gives same error....

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 11-Feb-2017 18:16

In one of that intents I made... I ended with the asemblies file with a reference to:

<assembly name="UFScanner, Version=3.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"/>

I didn't noticed when was created.....

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Feb-2017 05:19

Are you using the -assemblies Startup Parameter (or the Assemblies setting in PDSOE)?

If yes, you need to copy those .dll files into that folder.

If not, the .dll files need to be in your Progress session working directory.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 14-Feb-2017 09:13

Just to add... had to reinstall the biomini SDK product, and from there it looks it will work ....   and yet, when adding the reference with the assembly wizard... it shows message about being unable to add reference, but it is added to the assemblies.xml file anyway.... and it wil allow compile...  mmh.. didn't got it, but I think it will work... i'll keep you posted

This thread is closed