Creating a new pacific server using proenv and mergeprop

Posted by Kai Siegele on 02-Feb-2017 06:58

Hallo,

I am using the 64-bit version of Open Edge and I have created a new application server and a new pacific application server. Now my workmates should create the same server on their machines with less effort as soon as possible.

To enable my workmates to create the application server I did the following:

I opened the file ubroker.properties in the working directory and subdirectory properties.

I searched the section UBroker.AS.Name-of-new-server and copied the section into a new file.

I distributed this file to my workmates so they can invoke proenv and use mergeprop to create the new server.

That was easy, wasn’t it?

Now I am searching for a similar way to enable my workmates to create the pacific application server on their computers Unfortunately I still have not found what I’m looking for.

Is anyone able to help me?

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

Posted by Peter Judge on 02-Feb-2017 09:06

The instance is everything in the folder (eg the default dev instance is c:/OpenEdge/WRK/oepas1 ).

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 02-Feb-2017 08:02

Hi Kai,

I think you can achieve this. All you need to do is Zip the PAS instance folder and copy to another machine and then run pasman register on that machine. Here is the KB article regarding that:

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Kai Siegele on 02-Feb-2017 08:58

Hallo Sanjeev,

thank you for your reply.

I have followed the link and I have read the following sentence: In order to move an entire PAS for OE instance, zip the instance.

Unfortunately I don’t know what is meant with the instance and where could I find the instance. Would you be so kind and give me a hint?

Kind regards

Kai

Posted by Peter Judge on 02-Feb-2017 09:06

The instance is everything in the folder (eg the default dev instance is c:/OpenEdge/WRK/oepas1 ).

Posted by Kai Siegele on 08-Feb-2017 02:29

Thanks for your answer.

Zipping, copying and unzipping the whole instance and than using pasman was successful.

But it was a little bit cumbersome, wasn’t it? And unfortunately I have no readeable file to show my workmates what’s specific about my server.

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

This thread is closed