Specified Activex Control Is Not Registered Or The .ocx File

Posted by Nithila Pillai on 15-Jan-2017 06:44

Hi Friends,

In order to resolve this issue, I am trying to register .OCX files, but I can't find these below .ocx files either in SYSWOW64 OR System32 location. I am using OE 11.4 with Windows 8.1 OS. I assume these .OCX files comes with windows OS. Could someone pls suggest on this? - Thanks.

CtrlImageList
CtrlSplitV
CtrlTreeView
CtrlListView

Cheers.

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 15-Jan-2017 07:00

Are those the ones that come in mscomctl? That is shipped with older versions of office but not newer ones. You can copy the file from a machine of the right bitness that has office installed.

Get Outlook for Android

Posted by Nithila Pillai on 15-Jan-2017 15:32

Thanks James, I will check this out, Surprisingly I am able to run successfully using 10.2BB version on the same machine.

Posted by James Palmer on 15-Jan-2017 16:44

Do the two installs of progress have the same bitness?

Get Outlook for Android

Posted by Nithila Pillai on 15-Jan-2017 17:09

Thankes James. 64 bit Windows 8.1 OS -10.2B(prowin32.exe) is 32 Bit whereas 11.4(prowin.exe) is 64 bit.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 15-Jan-2017 17:18