Specified Activex Control Is Not Registered Or The .ocx File

Posted by Nithila Pillai on 15-Jan-2017 06:44

Hi Friends,

In order to resolve this issue, I am trying to register .OCX files, but I can't find these below .ocx files either in SYSWOW64 OR System32 location. I am using OE 11.4 with Windows 8.1 OS. I assume these .OCX files comes with windows OS. Could someone pls suggest on this? - Thanks.

CtrlImageList
CtrlSplitV
CtrlTreeView
CtrlListView

Cheers.

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 15-Jan-2017 07:00

Are those the ones that come in mscomctl? That is shipped with older versions of office but not newer ones. You can copy the file from a machine of the right bitness that has office installed.

Get Outlook for Android

Posted by Nithila Pillai on 15-Jan-2017 15:32

Thanks James, I will check this out, Surprisingly I am able to run successfully using 10.2BB version on the same machine.

Posted by James Palmer on 15-Jan-2017 16:44

Do the two installs of progress have the same bitness?

Get Outlook for Android

Posted by Nithila Pillai on 15-Jan-2017 17:09

Thankes James. 64 bit Windows 8.1 OS -10.2B(prowin32.exe) is 32 Bit whereas 11.4(prowin.exe) is 64 bit.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 15-Jan-2017 17:18

Von: James Palmer <bounce-jdpjamesp@community.progress.com>
Gesendet: 15.01.2017 11:45 nachm.
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Specified Activex Control Is Not Registered Or The .ocx File Was Moved From Where It Was Registered.(6087)
Update from Progress Community
James Palmer

Do the two installs of progress have the same bitness?

Get Outlook for Android

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Frank Meulblok on 16-Jan-2017 05:42

If these are the Microsoft Common Controls, Microsoft doesn't provide a 64-bit version that can be used with the 64-bit OpenEdge. They only provide 32-bit versions, which only work with 32-bit OpenEdge.

See alss knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000044633

Posted by Thomas Wurl on 27-Jan-2017 01:30

These controls are 32bit and will never run with OE 64bit. We had the same issue with the MS Common Controls. You may want to try the codejock controls instead. They come with a 32 and a 64bit version. www.codejock.com. If you have your controls inside adm2 containers then the change would be quite easy. If not - good luck :-)

This thread is closed