Need fast temp-table create/fill

Posted by Etienne Begin on 12-Jan-2017 15:39

OE10.2B08 HP-UX 64i

I have about 1.7M records to load in a TT.  It takes about 14 minutes to fill the TT with a Fill() or for each with buffer-copy. That's about 2K recs per second.

Reading the 1.7M recs table takes 30 seconds.

I can speed it up by not copying the fields I don't need.  But I'd rather not do this.

This seems "slow" to me, but I could be wrong.  My -T is pointing to a good hard disk, is there anything I should look at to improve the fill performance of a temp-table ?

All Replies

Posted by Rick Terrell on 12-Jan-2017 15:50

Take a look at the -Bt (# TT buffers) and see if bumping that up from default helps.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Jan-2017 15:58

Try to set -tmpbsize to 8 as well.

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Sent from Nine