Get list of services in a project

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 07-Dec-2016 12:04

I'm working on a project to automate the deployment of project services to a REST server. 

I had been using the list of directories in ProjectName\.services\Expose\rest\ to get the list of services.

It turns out that the "Defined Services" shown in PDS doesn't necessarily match that directory structure.

Given that I can't rely on the directory structure to get a list of defined services, my question becomes where would I get a current list of defined services for a given project? 

All Replies

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 07-Dec-2016 12:17

Would it be the list of <lm:services tags in ProjectName\.services\adapters.pamf?

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 08-Dec-2016 01:26

Hi Tim,

Ideally, <lm:services > tags under ProjectName\.services\adapters.pamf file will give the list of services available under project. When we create a new service in the project, a new entry gets added to the adapters.pamf file.

<lm:services description="" displayName="restprjService1" id="restprjService1" product="Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge" serviceFolder="Expose/rest/restprjService1" serviceName="restprjService1">
<lm:services description="" displayName="restprjService2" id="restprjService2" product="Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge" serviceFolder="Expose/rest/restprjService2" serviceName="restprjService2">

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 08-Dec-2016 05:13

and what happens when a service is deleted? I was using a list of directories until I found out that PDS doesn't delete the directory corresponding to a service when it is deleted.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 08-Dec-2016 05:20

Hi Tim,

When we delete a Service from Defined Services node, respective service entry got deleted from adapters.pamf file and also observed that respective service folder got deleted from <ProjectName>\.services\Expose\rest folder.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 10-Dec-2016 10:41

Hmmm.... in which case it would seem the project I'm working with has become corrupted.

This thread is closed