Use of C# class in WebSpeed Application

Posted by Anuj Jain on 01-Dec-2016 08:11

Hi,

I need to use my c# .net class in my webspeed application. Is it possible and how?

What I have done:

I have created a c# project and its assembly, and added this assembly successfully in my openedge project as Local assembly. I am able to use this assembliy's classes from Developer Studio but I am not able to use in from webspeed application.

I have found that 'Add a dummy System.Object variable to the startup procedure of the client'.

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000032316

But I don't know how to add this System.Object variable. and in which startup procedure of the client' 

Please assist me how to use C# class in webSpeed applicarion.

OpenEdge: 11.4

Windows Platform

Thanks in advance

Anuj J

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 01-Dec-2016 08:26

I don’t think that the workaround (hack) from the k-base article is still required in OE11.4.

Most common issue is that you are not using the -assemblies startup parameter on your webspeed configuration. -assemblies must point to the (absolute or relative) folder which contains your custom .dll files and the assemblies.xml

Which error are you getting when you try to execute your code?

Posted by Frank Meulblok on 01-Dec-2016 10:45

[quote user="Mike Fechner"]

I don’t think that the workaround (hack) from the k-base article is still required in OE11.4.
[/quote]
It's not, the issue was fixed in 11.2. Article has been updated to reflect that.
Also, since the article is about -preloadCLR parameter, wether you use that or not should not stop you from using .NET classes in the code.
It only allows you to choose when you get the one-time performance blip because the .NET runtime needs to be loaded into the session.
As Mike already asked, what are the errors you're seeing ?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 01-Dec-2016 10:52

Thanks for the clarification!

Sent from Nine

Von: Frank Meulblok <bounce-fmeulblo@community.progress.com>
Gesendet: 01.12.2016 5:47 nachm.
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Use of C# class in WebSpeed Application

Update from Progress Community
Frank Meulblok

Mike Fechner

It's not, the issue was fixed in 11.2. Article has been updated to reflect that.
Also, since the article is about -preloadCLR parameter, wether you use that or not should not stop you from using .NET classes in the code.
It only allows you to choose when you get the one-time performance blip because the .NET runtime needs to be loaded into the session.
As Mike already asked, what are the errors you're seeing ?

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed