How To Bring up Crystal Viewer for Parameter prompts only

Posted by nix1016 on 29-Nov-2016 21:11

Is there anyway that I can bring up the Crystal Report Viewer form without using an ABL form simply for prompting the parameters before exporting/printing a crystal report?

Currently it works with the code below:

crystalReportViewer1 = NEW CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer().
crystalReportViewer1:ReportSource = crwReport.
crystalReportViewer1:EnableRefresh = true.
crystalReportViewer1:RefreshReport(). /* this brings up the parameter prompt dialog */

However, the issue with using RefreshReport() is that it seems to ignore all of the parameters that are already set in crwReport via the SetParameterValue method and prompts for all of those again whereas I only want it to prompt for the parameters that have not been set in the background.

According to this article, it mentions that I should not be using CrystalReportViewer1.RefreshReport() in conjunction with crwReport:refresh() but I can't find any other way to bring up the report viewer screen.

So my question is, is there anyway I can either bring up the screen without calling RefreshReport() or be able to hide the parameters that already have values set when the crystal viewer is loaded (which is by default what happens when we preview the report).

Thanks!

All Replies

This thread is closed