Temp-Table Format to UltraGrid/UltraMaskedEditor

Posted by Paul Mowat on 11-Nov-2016 04:36

Hi,

I'm in process of rewriting some old screens using gui.net with the probindingsource and prodatasets. 

I've created the probindingsource based on a temp-table include file that contains my structure along with the fields and formats and have it populating the grid and fields as required.

From what I can see the probindingsource doesn't take the field format information across to the .net objects. It's mostly decimal formats that I have to deal with.

I can manually go and set the format of each grid column/control as needed but was wondering if theres a better way to do it that I'm missing and what the recommended approach is?

Thanks

Paul

Posted by Mike Fechner on 11-Nov-2016 04:44

Hi Paul, there is no out of the box way of turning an ABL format string into the proper Mask for every UI control suite on the planet.

As you have access to our code, please check this here: help.consultingwerkcloud.com/.../Consultingwerk.Util.FormatHelper.html

The FormatHelper can format most typical ABL format into Infragistics Mask strings.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 11-Nov-2016 04:44

Hi Paul, there is no out of the box way of turning an ABL format string into the proper Mask for every UI control suite on the planet.

As you have access to our code, please check this here: help.consultingwerkcloud.com/.../Consultingwerk.Util.FormatHelper.html

The FormatHelper can format most typical ABL format into Infragistics Mask strings.

Posted by Paul Mowat on 11-Nov-2016 04:58

Thanks Mike.

I did come across your format helper.

This was going to be my route but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something and was understanding it properly :)

This thread is closed