How to associate an existing REST service with restmgr1 when

Posted by mopfer on 02-Nov-2016 15:35

I'm importing an existing project into a new workspace. The project includes a REST service that was defined in the source project.  The method mappings are all still there in the new workspace, but I can't figure out how to get that service to publish itself to restmgr1 from within the new project. 

If I define a new service, that one publishes to restmgr1 like I would expect as I change it, but changes to the previously existing service definition are not recognized or published.

Is there a setting someplace in PDSOE where I can relate the existing service definition to restmgr1 in the new workspace?  There are a lot of methods with a lot of parameters in the service, and it would be easy to break something if I have to re-map all of those manually, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something.

I'm using PDSOE with OpenEdge 11.6.2 for the new workspace, and the original workspace was in 11.5.1, if that matters.

Thanks,

Mark Opfer

Posted by mopfer on 02-Nov-2016 15:56

I went back through the PDSOE documentation again, and found that I need to right click on restmgr1 while displaying the Servers in Server Perspective, and then choose "Add", which brings me to a screen that lets me choose my imported service to publish.  Very easy once I know the right place to start.  I had been trying to find something from the other end of the process (the Defined Services area).

All Replies

Posted by mopfer on 02-Nov-2016 15:56

I went back through the PDSOE documentation again, and found that I need to right click on restmgr1 while displaying the Servers in Server Perspective, and then choose "Add", which brings me to a screen that lets me choose my imported service to publish.  Very easy once I know the right place to start.  I had been trying to find something from the other end of the process (the Defined Services area).

This thread is closed