WebSpeed get-value() not working properly on 11.6

Posted by David Abdala on 25-Oct-2016 07:52

Hello,

I looked over this issue, but only found an unsolved question on ProgressTalk from last year.

The problem is:

 - It works as documented on 10.2B05 (Linux + Apache)

- It only returns cookies on 11.6 (Windows + Apache)

When using get-value(?), or get-value(<field name>), on 10.2B I get the correct results. On 11.6 I get only the cookie list on the first case, and nothing in the second case.

I've looked at what the browser is sending (Firefox) and the multipart/form-data is correct in both cases.

Any solution, workaround, for this?

Thanks.

David.

Posted by Marco Mendoza on 25-Oct-2016 08:30

As workaround maybe some of this can work:

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT:" WEB-CONTEXT:FORM-INPUT "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT CGI FORM:" WEB-CONTEXT:GET-CGI-LIST("FORM") "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT CGI FORM VALUE:" WEB-CONTEXT:GET-CGI-VALUE("FORM","secondhidden",seldelim) "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT CGI QUERY:" WEB-CONTEXT:GET-CGI-LIST("QUERY") "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>CAMPO first:" GET-FIELD("secondhidden")  "</pre>".

Posted by David Abdala on 25-Oct-2016 10:11

It can be "workarounded" by using WEB-CONTEXT:LONG-FORM-INPUT (it's a file upload, so big size assumed).

The first line is the mime boundary, with which split the data into pieces. Each piece has: form-data; name="parameter name" in the first line, an empty line, and then the value of the parameter.

Is working.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 25-Oct-2016 08:00
I think it’s worth logging a bug with TS for this.
 
Posted by David Abdala on 25-Oct-2016 08:09

Ok, how?

Last time I did that through PSDO interface (Report Technical Issue option) and have gotten no answer so far.

What is now the "official way" of reporting bugs?

Thanks.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 25-Oct-2016 08:14
If you have a valid maintenance contract you should just be able to click the button on this topic to submit the entire thread to support.
Posted by Marco Mendoza on 25-Oct-2016 08:30

As workaround maybe some of this can work:

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT:" WEB-CONTEXT:FORM-INPUT "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT CGI FORM:" WEB-CONTEXT:GET-CGI-LIST("FORM") "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT CGI FORM VALUE:" WEB-CONTEXT:GET-CGI-VALUE("FORM","secondhidden",seldelim) "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>WEBCONTEXT CGI QUERY:" WEB-CONTEXT:GET-CGI-LIST("QUERY") "</pre>".

{&OUT} "<pre>CAMPO first:" GET-FIELD("secondhidden")  "</pre>".

Posted by David Abdala on 25-Oct-2016 08:32

Hi Brian,

not an option, as my account is not associated with any of the contracts. I have no easy access to the accounts under maintenance contracts.

I guess that's the reason why I see no obvious button for that.

Posted by David Abdala on 25-Oct-2016 08:43

This is interesting:

WEB-CONTEXT:FORM-INPUT returns all the multipart/form-data properly, the other options returns nothing.

Not nice having to parse it to get what worked on 10.2B...

Posted by David Abdala on 25-Oct-2016 10:11

It can be "workarounded" by using WEB-CONTEXT:LONG-FORM-INPUT (it's a file upload, so big size assumed).

The first line is the mime boundary, with which split the data into pieces. Each piece has: form-data; name="parameter name" in the first line, an empty line, and then the value of the parameter.

Is working.

Thanks.

Posted by Peter Judge on 25-Oct-2016 10:20
I ran into a similar issue with CGI- and CGI-LONG-INPUT  (logged as PSC00341711 and fixed in a 11.7).
 
I wonder if it’s the same thing.
 
This thread is closed