Prodataset Refresh with Batching Enabled (New records only)

Posted by Paul Mowat on 21-Oct-2016 06:09

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how to implement a Refresh button on my ultragrid. It's linked to a probindingsource that is setup to use batching and is using prodatasets. 

I don't want to just clear the prodataset and perform a complete rebuild of the data as it can be quite substantial and takes a bit of time.

I'd like to basically just get anything that is new in the query that doesn't already exist in the prodataset and add it in,

I have a procedure on the appserver back end that I pass information to to build a dataset based on a number of parameters and return it back.

The bit I'm struggling with is how I can use that method to work out just what has changed since I originally build the prodataset.

What would be the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks

Paul

Posted by Paul Mowat on 26-Oct-2016 08:01

I couldn't figure this out just using prodatasets. So what I done is to track the last populated date and then use a slightly altered query using this last populated date to fetch what has been changed since and pull it back in a dynamic dataset and merge it into the main dataset.

All Replies

Posted by Paul Mowat on 26-Oct-2016 08:01

I couldn't figure this out just using prodatasets. So what I done is to track the last populated date and then use a slightly altered query using this last populated date to fetch what has been changed since and pull it back in a dynamic dataset and merge it into the main dataset.

This thread is closed