11.5->11.6 REST/Mobile project conversion

Posted by Andrzej_Sz on 05-Oct-2016 03:58

Is it necessary to do conversion from REST and Mobile project in OE11.5 -> REST(mapped RPC) and Data Object (Annotated RPC) projects in OE11.6 ?

Is it possible to add REST annotations to "rest" class in "mapped RPC" project, how can I do it ?

Regards

Andrzej

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 05-Oct-2016 05:44

Hi Andrzej,

Here are the links to documentation which will help you to convert 11.5 REST and Mobile projects to ABL Web App project in 11.6.

http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge116/openedge116/#page/pdsoe/migrating-a-rest-project-to-abl-web-app-project.html#
http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge116/openedge116/#page/pdsoe/migrating-a-data-object-project-to-abl-web-app-p.html#

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 05-Oct-2016 04:06

Hi Andrzej,

If you are planning to deploy 11.5 REST and Mobile services to PAS OE server in 11.6 , then migration is necessary (Convert to ABL Web App project). If you still use classic servers in 11.6 (restbroker1 and restmgr1) then no need to convert the projects, they will work as is in 11.6.
Coming to adding REST annotations, yes can add REST annotations to the class file after converting that project in 11.6. Let me know if you need any help in conversion.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Andrzej_Sz on 05-Oct-2016 05:34

I've created my REST and Mobile projects in OE11.5 using OEPAS server. How should I convert them to ABL Web App , could you help me ?

Are REST annotations available from "right-click" ?

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 05-Oct-2016 05:44

Hi Andrzej,

Here are the links to documentation which will help you to convert 11.5 REST and Mobile projects to ABL Web App project in 11.6.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 05-Oct-2016 05:52

Hi Andrzej,

>> Are REST annotations available from "right-click" ?

Yes, you can add annotations to the file normally, as you did in previous releases of OpenEdge. Right click on file from Editor view and select Source > Define Service Interface… option.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Andrzej_Sz on 05-Oct-2016 15:36

Thank you Sanjeev. Very usefull links.

Regards

Andrzej

This thread is closed