ant-ablunit.jar - OE11.6.2 - Solaris

Posted by cwright on 20-Sep-2016 14:12

All. I have an ANT build script that I use to build my OE project. We have started adding ABLUnit tests. The developers are testing from PDSOE. This works great. 

I have been asked to add the ABLUnit tests to the ANT script so that unit testing will run as part of the build and deploy process. I have the taskdef defined:

<taskdef name="ablunit" classname="com.progress.openedge.ant.ablunit.ABLUnitTask" classpath="${dlc}/java/ant-ablunit.jar" />

When I run this on the windows machine test, everything works fine. However when I run this on the Solaris machine I get an error that ${dlc}/java/ant-ablunit.jar is not found. I go to disk, and it is not there.

Is this an oversight on product delivery? (was something missed in by the installer) or is ABLUnit to supported as an ANT task on unix?

All Replies

Posted by dbeattie on 20-Sep-2016 14:57

I think this was "fixed" in 11.5.1. If not, then you can just copy the tty code to the Unix server. We did something similar with Linux.

Posted by Peter Judge on 20-Sep-2016 19:22

Not sure it was fixed. The issue is probably due to the fact that the jar is part of the PSDOE product which isn’t available on non-Windows platforms.

Don’s approach should do the trick. You can also log a call with Tech Support to see about getting it shipped on other platforms (or maybe the Development Server which is a free download that lets you do things like cross compile on other platforms)

Posted by Riverside Software on 21-Sep-2016 02:04

You can also use the ABLUnit task in PCT, which is available on all Unix flavors : github.com/.../ABLUnit

Posted by Frank Meulblok on 21-Sep-2016 04:51

[quote user="Peter Judge"]

You can also log a call with Tech Support to see about getting it shipped on other platforms (or maybe the Development Server which is a free download that lets you do things like cross compile on other platforms)

[/quote]

Or submit it as an Idea here: community.progress.com/.../openedge

Posted by dbeattie on 21-Sep-2016 07:21

Yeah, I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted that:) The fix in 11.5.1 was so that the code would work properly on Linux. Earlier versions didn't support he forward slash in Linux so you were limited to where the logs could be placed. I forgot you still had to copy it to the Linux box. I didn't have to recompile, just copy.

Posted by cwright on 21-Sep-2016 08:29

Thanks for all the advise. Turns out that none of the required binaries are included in the unix distro. I have had to copy ablunit.pl over as well. The same issue with ABLDoc is present, however that task is more tightly coupled with PDSOE. I will let you know.

This thread is closed