entry to embedded window

Posted by bart.syryn on 17-Sep-2016 03:41

Hi, I'm converting an ABL Window application to a Main Window in GUI for .NET and MDI Tab Manager for the programs. At this point, all the ABL Window programs are inbedded windows in a form. So that works nice. When you want to run from one program (embeddedwindow) another program (i.e. list of orders and double click on an order, to see details in another embedded window), problem is that I can't give focus to it. In the program (detail order) there is a 'apply entry to field', but that doesn't work. The user must use the mouse to give focus to the field and then he can use the TAB on the keyboard. Problem is, I really don't know where the cursor is at that point. Kind regards Bart S.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 17-Sep-2016 12:03

Is the second window in another form or is it in another tab? If it's in another form you may need to give it focus by calling the Activate method on the form. If it's in a tab you may need to activate the tab. I think this is also done with the Activate method on the tab, though different tab managers may have different methods.

Posted by bart.syryn on 19-Sep-2016 04:05

Hi,

Well is Infragistics MdiTabManager.

Tab is activated etc. but I don't see the cursor. If I press the 'TAB' on my keyboard, then it gets focus.

Already tried Tab:focus() but that doesn't help also ...

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 19-Sep-2016 04:48

Bart,

There was a case I worked on about a year ago where focus in Infragistics would disappear.  It ended up getting passed on to them as a bug and was fixed.

Here is the KB article...

Not sure if it applies in your case, but worth checking out.

Brian

Posted by bart.syryn on 19-Sep-2016 13:03

Hi Brian,

Could be the case, but I'm on 11.3.3.... And it's not with all programs.... I just can't say what the reason can be.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 19-Sep-2016 13:06

Understood.

You may want to open a support case for this and provide us with the code.  That will be easier to debug than back and forth messages.  <smile>

This thread is closed