Browse Object with Query - Reflect Changes

Posted by Joseph Kreifels on 08-Sep-2016 10:34

FYI
Using Progress 10.2B on Linux (Character Based)
Using a test database to test and learn features

I have a form, which holds a browse object (populated by a query) and some buttons.

The buttons are: Exit, Add New, Update, Delete.

----

When I use The delete, I open an external procedure displaying the record(s) and asking to confirm deletion. If User deletes records, they return to the previous procedure with the browse object. The deleted record(s) are now gone from the list.

When I use the Update button, I open an external procedure with a form to update the chosen record. When user hits F1, they are returned to the previous procedure with the browse object. The browse object reflects changes to the updated record.

When I use the "Add New" button, I open an external procedure with a blank form for user to add a new item. When User hits F1, they are returned to the previous procedure with the browse object. The browser object DOES NOT REFLECT CHANGES.  The procedure needs to be reloaded for the browse object to be populated with the new record(s).

My question is why? Why is it deleted records and updated records are changed in real time, but adding a new record isn't?

I hope you all understand what I am asking. I am terrible at explaining things

Examples of the buttons

on return of del-itm do:
  run itm/delit.p(input item.id). 
end.

on return of edit-itm do:
 run itm/edit.p(input item.id).
end.

on return of add-itm do:
 run itm/addnew.p.
end.

All Replies

Posted by Joseph Kreifels on 08-Sep-2016 14:20

I think I found a workaround. I just have to call the open query command again immediately following

"run itm/addnew.p."

This thread is closed