Clean up "USING" statements?

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 25-Aug-2016 07:20

PDS 11.6.2

I recall there being a "cleanup USING" command - now I can't find it. Is it hiding or has it been taken out?

All Replies

Posted by Frank Meulblok on 25-Aug-2016 07:40

I think you're looking for: Right click in editor, select Source -> Organise USING statements. Or Ctrl+Shift+O for shortcut key

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 25-Aug-2016 07:51

Hi,

The option 'Organize USING Statements' can be found from the editor context menu of PDS OE under 'Source' menu item. Or we can use 'Ctrl+Shift+O' shortcut to perform the same operation.

In addition, we can set the respective preferences for this feature from PDS OE preferences window.

Window-> preferences-> Progress OpenEdge -> Advanced -> USING Statements

Thanks&Regards,

Rama

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 25-Aug-2016 08:09

Frank / Rama - that was what I was looking for, and it did what I needed it to do.

For some reason the command keystrokes have gotten unbound in my installation.

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 25-Aug-2016 08:28

Hi Tim,

Is it specific to Organize Usings? Can you please check whether all other shortcut keys (eg: Correct Case, Expand Keywords, correct Indentation) are working fine or not? And also please confirm, when you are facing this issue? like after installing service pack?

Thanks&Regards,

Rama

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 25-Aug-2016 08:31

Under the "source" tab organize using, strip appbuilder markup, add annotation, and define service interface have no key bindings.

This is a recent fresh install of PDS 11.6 SP 2.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 25-Aug-2016 08:31

I also have Corticon 5.5.2 installed and integrated with PDS.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 25-Aug-2016 09:36

Hi Tim,

One quick check, can you please tell us which Keys Scheme is selected in your workspace (Window > Preferences and select General > Keys). If your scheme is not “Progress Scheme” then you’ll not be able to see the shortcut keys for Organize Using statements.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 25-Aug-2016 10:07

It was "Default" - changing it to "Progress" got a mapping for "organize using".

What's odd is I don't remember changing that setting.

Posted by Anil Kumar on 25-Aug-2016 22:37

Hi Tim,

By default 'Keys Scheme' is set to 'Progress Scheme' in standalone PDS OE environment.

I am not sure if the Corticon integration might have changed the scheme settings to default in the workbench.

Thanks and  Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 30-Aug-2016 10:37

I've created a number of new workspaces since starting this thread, and the Keys scheme is always set to "default' instead of "progress".

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 31-Aug-2016 04:38

Hi Tim,

Seems installation of Corticon on top of PDS OE overridden the PDS OE Keys Scheme. If we install Corticon first and then install PDS OE, then PDS OE overrides the Corticon keys Scheme and set to “Progress Scheme”. This is the current behavior of the product, Please Log an enhancement if you think this is not expected behavior.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 31-Aug-2016 07:08

Is there a "progress scheme" for corticon, or does it just take the current defaults? Are there corticon-specific key combinations?

My thinking is the keys should be merged, not over-ridden.

This thread is closed