ABLUnit Test Class Wizard Mystery

Posted by GregHiggins on 25-Jul-2016 10:52

I have an eclipse project called roughly CoreLibrary. Nothing in CoreLibrary depends on anything in any other project. Inside the CoreLibrary project I have a Utilities folder. Inside that folder I have a classes named abl, find, sessioninfo, among others.  The tagline at the top of class abl describes its purpose: Improving ABL one day at a time. 

I would like to create unit tests for abl methods ( see an earlier post of mine and reference "practice what you preach" ).

So, I set up a project for unit testing, added a folder named CoreLibrary and started the  ABLUnit Test Class Wizard, I gave the test class the className of ablUnitTest and went to pick the class to test. I put in the utilities folder, where abl.cls resides and interestingly, it showed me most every class in that folder except abl, find, and sessioninfo. 

How does the ABLUnit Test Class Wizard determine which classes it is going to show? 

Why would the ABLUnit Test Class Wizard filter my classes based on information not provided by me? 

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 26-Jul-2016 05:33

Hi Greg,

"Select Class to Test" dialog displays all the class files under ABL Unit Project's Propath. If you want your classes to be listed in that dialog, add a Propath entry of your sources folder to ABL Unit project.

Hope this helps,

Sanjeev.

Posted by GregHiggins on 27-Jul-2016 02:32

Please forgive me when I say "doh!". Of course my propath referenced the project folder I was interested in. It showed me over 10 other classes in the same folder.  So, no, it didn't help.  Instead, let me suggest that the ABLUnit Test Class Wizard fails to work correctly for classes which use the default constructor.

This thread is closed