Need help baisc web application to deploy over PAS

Posted by rishi.jain on 12-Jul-2016 07:38

Is there a good document available that describes step by step procedure to create a simple WebApp using openedge 11.6?

I created PAS instance but whenever I deploy any web application there, it is not working. If any one have any basic document or information regarding this, please share with me, it will be great help.

Thanks,

Rishi

All Replies

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 12-Jul-2016 08:01

Hi Rishi,

Here you can find the documentation.

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Please let us know what type of error you are getting while publishing the application.

Thanks,

Rama

Posted by Irfan on 12-Jul-2016 09:21

Hi Rishi,

Are you looking for developing and running ABL Web Applications in PASOE. If it is the case, I can send you the workshop script that we executed in NAPUG. That has detail steps on how to create a ABL Web Applications from PDSOE. Security and other features will be a bonus

Posted by rishi.jain on 13-Jul-2016 04:58

Thanks Rama and Irfan for your help.

I am using 11.6 openedge version and able to successfully published  ABL webspeed Service name as helloemployee under hrweb (ABL Web app project) on oepas1 (pas) . But when I am trying to access through browser, it is showing error.

URL : localhost:8810/.../helloemployee

500 - Server Error: the server could not produce a response entity due to an internal error - GET /hrweb/web/helloemployee

Error details

Remote user: null

HTTP Session: 1F68258EE322B76198D8736A7BBAFF4144B18C720731.oepas1

User principal: null

Scheme: http

Remote address: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

Server name: localhost

PASOE product type: dev

HTTP status: 500

Error detail:

Debug details

HTTP method: GET

Web application: /hrweb

Transport: OEWebServlet

Request URL: /hrweb/web/helloemployee

Path info: null

Servlet name: OEWebServlet

URI: /hrweb/web/helloemployee

Exception class:

Exception message:

Exception stack trace:

any idea, how to rectify this error?

Posted by bronco on 13-Jul-2016 06:42

What does the logfile say? It's in $CATALINA_BASE/logs/<appserver-name>.agent.log

This thread is closed