to start db using proserve , not shown in open edge explorer

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 10-Jun-2016 03:40

Hi, 

OpenEdge version -11.4

When I start database using proserve command, database starts but it is not shown in OpenEdge explorer(Graphical interface). so that my webspeed application does not open. 

When I start database using open edge explorer, start broker, then my application is working fine.

So my question is- Can not I start database using proserve for running webspeed application? 

My understanding is if i start my database using proserver it should also be shown in openedge explorere and apllication should work. But This is not the case.

Please suggest.

All Replies

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 10-Jun-2016 03:45

As long as I remember for this you need to use dbman insted proserve:

dbman [-host host-name -port port-number | service-name -user user-name ] -database db-name [-config config-name -start|-stop|-query]

Posted by Satya Prasad on 10-Jun-2016 04:08

>> My understanding is if i start my database using proserver it should also be shown in openedge explorer

To achieve this, You have to add the proserved database as a scripted database in explorer instead of a normal database resource. After adding you also need to start dbagent process for that database using the command available in scripted database resource control page.

Thanks,

Satya

Posted by Matt Baker on 10-Jun-2016 08:24

If you want database to show up as running in openedge explorer you have to use dbman or start it from the web console.

When the adminserver starts the database it passes specific flags to the database to tell it to report its status to the adminserver.  If you simply use preserve these switches are not passed so the database runs unmanaged.

Alternatively, you can use a scripted database and also start dbman after running preserve which will report its status back to the adminserver.

mattB

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 13-Jun-2016 02:26

yes thanks a lot. Now it works with dbman utility

This thread is closed