PDS (Eclipse) how to share (export/import) Customization Opt

Posted by slacroixak on 08-Jun-2016 02:01

I'd like to export and import definitions of the "OpenEdge Customization Options" facility (PDS Menu  OpenEdge/Tools/Customization Editor) for "Menu /Toolbar Entries" and "Editor Context Menu".

So far, I haven't found a way in the Eclipse Export actions.  I mean there are options to export DB connections, macros etc... but not for these OpenEdge Customization.

This would be very useful to share these settings with colleagues.  

Q: Have I missed something?Any magic xml config file trick to do that manually?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Jun-2016 02:04

That would be more than just useful!

One way to share those settings is to share the %DLC%\oeide\eclipse\plugins\com.openedge.pdt.extensibility.user_1.0.0\plugins.xml file.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Jun-2016 02:04

That would be more than just useful!

One way to share those settings is to share the %DLC%\oeide\eclipse\plugins\com.openedge.pdt.extensibility.user_1.0.0\plugins.xml file.

Posted by slacroixak on 16-Jun-2016 02:53

Many thanks for your reply Mike (and sorry for the late feedback response).  I've used it last week after applying SP2 to 11.6 and it worked fine with a little trick :

1) quit the PDS

2) restore the backed-up plugins.xml (but keep the original one)

3) launch the PDS  => the config is not restored yet

4) do a dummy change in the  "OpenEdge Customization Options" facility  (alter a label, put it back) then SAVE

5) restart the PDS => tada :)

Notes :

a) Sometimes, when ou alter the config a an item in the top eclipse toolbar, then the PDS creates multiple entries for that item in the toolbar.  All the occurences appear in that plugins.xml file.  One can fix it in that file indeed.

b) If you want to extend the set of icons, then it seems the only solution is to add them into %DLC%\oeide\eclipse\plugins\com.openedge.pdt.extensibility.user_1.0.0\icons

Posted by slacroixak on 31-Aug-2016 12:18

Another note about my previous post regarding part 4), in order to avoid problem a) :

you need to do a dummy change in the "Editor Context Menu" part, like this :

-remove(cut) the icon path file of an item

-save config

-then put the icon path file back (paste)

-save again.

-Quit the PSD

-Refine the plugin.xml file to remove the duplicates that appeared in some <menuContribution> parts, save it

-At last restart the PDS.

I mean, if you do a dummy change in the "Menu/Toolbar Entries" part, then it keeps generating duplicates in the plugin.xml file that you cannot get rid off.

This thread is closed