Temp Files not removed from ABLUnit Working Directory.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 01-Jun-2016 01:37

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest me, how to remove tempfiles (dbi*, lbi* , srt*, rcd*)  from working directory which progress automatically creates? When session ends, it is not deleted. I have found one link for this but could not find proper solution.

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P111424

Even I am not able to move these files anywhere. I believe, temporary files should also behave same as in ABLUnit\, since i am working on ABLUnit, so How to remove from there?

Please help me out.

All Replies

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 01-Jun-2016 23:12

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest me, how to remove tempfiles (dbi*, lbi* , srt*, rcd*)  from working directory which progress automatically creates? When session ends, it is not deleted. I have found one link for this but could not find proper solution.

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P111424

Even I am not able to move these files anywhere. I believe, temporary files should also behave same as in ABLUnit\, since i am working on ABLUnit, so How to remove from there?

Please help me out.

Posted by smat-consulting on 01-Jun-2016 23:31

Not sure why you need them deleted, so don't know if this is relevant: by using  -T startup parameter you can direct Progress where to put the temp files. These files are locked while the progress session is active. Once the session has ended, these files can simply be deleted.

What are you trying to do, or rather, why do you need them deleted?

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 02-Jun-2016 00:21

When session ends,  these temp files are not deleted from the working directory. Is there any explict way to delete these files?

Posted by goo on 02-Jun-2016 02:01

Why not use the –T ? So that you can have these files in another directory. The files should be removed, but if the session is broken by an error, it happens that the files are not deleted. You may use os-delete or System.IO.File….. to remove the files, or just run a .bat file?

//Geir Otto

Posted by Bill Wood on 02-Jun-2016 02:09

With respect to this comment (from early in the thread)

>>> Even I am not able to move these files anywhere

if the files cannot be deleted of moved, then they may are likely still in use by an OpenEdge process.   You may think your session has ended but there might be some process or service still running that is locking these files. 

If you cannot remove the files, check your Task Manager .... look for any Progress (_pro*, _mpro*, etc) executables.  Other than that earlier replies have commented on reasons files might be left (broken process) and solution (-T) to isolating these files.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 02-Jun-2016 02:57

Thanks team.

Posted by goo on 06-Jun-2016 11:51

Why not use the –T ? So that you can have these files in another directory. The files should be removed, but if the session is broken by an error, it happens that the files are not deleted. You may use os-delete or System.IO.File….. to remove the files, or just run a .bat file?

//Geir Otto

Fra: shilpi.agarwal3373 [mailto:bounce-shilpiagarwal3373@community.progress.com]
Sendt: onsdag 1. juni 2016 08.39
Til: TU.OE
.Development@community.progress.com
Emne: [Technical Users - OE Development] Temp Files not removed from ABLUnit Working Directory.

Update from Progress Community

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest me, how to remove tempfiles (dbi*, lbi* , srt*, rcd*)  from working directory which progress automatically creates? When session ends, it is not deleted. I have found one link for this but could not find proper solution.

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P111424

Please help me out.

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed