Ultra Controls - Classroom Edition 11.6

Posted by Alan Taylor on 23-May-2016 10:32

Hi,

I'm new to Progress and have installed OpenEdge 11.6 Developer Kit Classroom Edition. I'm trying to work through "Getting Started with Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge" but my Ultra Controls all have a "no entry" icon next to them and I'm unable to use them - there's no error/warning message. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,
Alan

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 23-May-2016 11:08

Hi Alan,

The OEDK class room edition doesn’t come with Ultra Controls installed. You are seeing that ban symbol (do not enter) since your application you are using might have developed using Ultra Controls. If you create a new form in OEDK installation you won’t see that Ultra Controls toolbox at all. Alternatively you can try with “Telerik UI for WinForms” controls.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 23-May-2016 11:08

Hi Alan,

The OEDK class room edition doesn’t come with Ultra Controls installed. You are seeing that ban symbol (do not enter) since your application you are using might have developed using Ultra Controls. If you create a new form in OEDK installation you won’t see that Ultra Controls toolbox at all. Alternatively you can try with “Telerik UI for WinForms” controls.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

This thread is closed