9.1D SP9 Microsoft Web Browser OCX behaviour

Posted by Grant Holman on 12-Apr-2016 04:27

We are using 9.1D SP7 without any problems  but if we upgrade to SP9 we get an issue with screens that use the web browser OCX where all the shortcut keys IE uses (e.g. Ctrl-N for new window, backspace to navigate back etc.) are no longer blocked.

Is this a known issue with SP9?  Is there a work around available?

I appreciate 9.1 is ancient history but it is what we are using for now and this situation won't be changing anytime soon.

Posted by Grant Holman on 15-Apr-2016 07:46

Didn't get anywhere from the ActiveX angle, but a bit of simple Javascript to trap certain keystrokes has done the job nicely.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 12-Apr-2016 07:11

This change in behavior is likely due to a fix which ensured that OpenEdge handles all events for controls which create more than one window. Before this fix only events for the main window of the control were handled. I don't know of any way to disable this fix in 9.1D.

A workaround may be to consume all key events in the control, but it's been a long time since I've used OCX controls and I've forgotten how key events are handled so I can't offer any code examples.

Posted by Grant Holman on 12-Apr-2016 09:14

Thanks for replying Matt.  I'll do a bit of Googling around that and see what comes up.

In the meantime if anyone can expand on Matt's answer that would be much appreciated.

Posted by Grant Holman on 15-Apr-2016 07:46

Didn't get anywhere from the ActiveX angle, but a bit of simple Javascript to trap certain keystrokes has done the job nicely.

This thread is closed