Custom toolbar icons too small in PDS

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 31-Mar-2016 04:41

I just installed 11.6 on my pc and added my custom tools to the toolbar, just like I did when I went from 11.3 to 11.4. My toolbar now looks like this:

My icons are in the red rectangle

Just for reference, the toolbar should show icons in normal size, see this:

Here I have only the DataDigger icon, but it is of a normal size. 

All other Eclipse Icons are of normal size. My icons are of filetype png and used to work find in 11.4. What happened here?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 31-Mar-2016 07:40

I know in the treeview for eclipse, there used to be a quirk where the first icon dictates the sizes of all the other at the given level. 

<guess>
I suspect this might be affecting the toolbar as well.

Since you’ve triggered the missing icon which is probably 8x8, the rest of the icons in the group –might—be getting the 8x8 size. Fix the first one and see if it fixes the rest of them.
</guess>

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 31-Mar-2016 09:21

Nice guess, but all images are really there and are 16x16 in format.

Posted by Matt Baker on 31-Mar-2016 09:56

What is the red blob in the first position?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 31-Mar-2016 13:24

Not sure if it's related - but are you using PDSOE on a PC with high dpi values (very hi resolution on a rather small screen)?

community.progress.com/.../23520

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 05-Apr-2016 01:58

Matts post got me thinking.

If my DataDigger icon is mainly grey, why on earth do I see a red blob? Good question. Upon further investigation I learned that the root of the problem was located between keyboard and monitor. After wiping my spectacles thoroughly, I found that the first image was, well, some sort of errrr, missing

So after restoring the image, all appears like it should:

Thanks for the help!

This thread is closed