PCT - Merged standard compilation task with multi-threaded t

Posted by Riverside Software on 28-Feb-2016 05:08

Hello all,

After a few years of procrastination on this subject, I finally merged the OpenEdge code of the two compilation tasks PCTCompile (single threaded) and PCTCompileExt (multi-threaded) into a single codebase. The same attributes are now supported on both tasks.

Before merging into the main branch, would it be possible for a few people to verify if there were no regressions in this release ? You can download this version at : github.com/.../comp-merge

Happy testing

Gilles

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Feb-2016 05:49

Do we need to change our build scripts? Or are all changes behind the covers?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Feb-2016 05:49

Do we need to change our build scripts? Or are all changes behind the covers?

Posted by Riverside Software on 28-Feb-2016 13:46

No change to be applied in the build script, just use the latest PCT.jar

Posted by Peter Judge on 29-Feb-2016 07:48

Quick test looks ok using existing PCTCompileExt

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 29-Feb-2016 09:11

Currently using 198, two things popped up when using dev:

1. the jar is about 1 mb smaller - openedge/pdt has been removed (looking back this was also the case in 202)
  2. [pct:compile] verbose attribute is not used anymore, please use the standard -v switch - we use something like: <pct:compile destDir="${build}/${ant.project.name}" verbose="true" stackSize="512" inputChars="32000" graphicalMode="true" debugListing="${pct.compile.debuglisting}" listing="${pct.compile.listing}" keepXref="${pct.compile.xref}" xmlXref="${pct.compile.xref}">

The verbose for compile is nice as a progress indicator / sanity check that the files that you expected to recompile, are.

3. [pct:run] verbose attribute is not used anymore, please use the standard -v switch

Posted by Riverside Software on 29-Feb-2016 10:06

1/ ClassDocumentation task dependencies were updated in version 200, and were smaller. I'll also remove later the Prolint task (which is as far as I know not used), resulting in a smaller artifact

2/ The noCompile attribute should provide you with the same behavior. I wanted to separate the verbose attribute, which is mainly to help troubleshooting PCT, from this file listing behavior. Can you have a try with this attribute ?

Gilles

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 29-Feb-2016 10:18

[quote user="Riverside Software"]2/ The noCompile attribute should provide you with the same behavior. I wanted to separate the verbose attribute, which is mainly to help troubleshooting PCT, from this file listing behavior. Can you have a try with this attribute ?[/quote]

Not sure how this helps, since I do want the files to compile, but also see the files compiling. noCompile will list the files but not compile them.

Stefan

Posted by Riverside Software on 29-Feb-2016 13:27

You're right. I'll perhaps keep the verbose attribute, but that won't display the same thing. I'd like to have the PCT internal be displayed only with -v ; this kind of PCTCompile output can go into a different attribute. Will have a look.

Gilles

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 29-Feb-2016 15:08

Thanks

This thread is closed