Telerik radchartView temp table datasource issue

Posted by Paul Radbone on 11-Feb-2016 10:55

Hi,

I am trying to get a Telerik radChartView with a candlestick series to read data from a temp table datasource.  Everything looks good and the datasource is bound to the radchartview.  The value members are all set.

I populate the temp table, open the query, but no data appears on the chart.  I've tried a refresh of the datasource, but nothing brings data into the chart.

Has anyone else come accross this?

Cheers.

All Replies

Posted by Paul Radbone on 11-Feb-2016 11:00

PS - code is uploaded to my profile area.  'test.cls'

Posted by Laura Stern on 11-Feb-2016 14:54

Sorry - How do I see this attachment?  Isn't there a way to add it so we can see it from this forum page?  

Is this a Progress.Data.BindingSource you're talking about or is it a Telerik object?

Posted by Jean Richert on 11-Feb-2016 15:15

Paul, you could also add a file in your post. Here is a link on how to do so

community.progress.com/.../2340.community-user-manual-faq

Posted by Jean Richert on 11-Feb-2016 15:20

Laura, here the link where Paul loaded his file

community.progress.com/.../files

Posted by Laura Stern on 11-Feb-2016 15:38

Thank you Jean!

This may be a timing issue.  Refreshing the BindingSource before the GUI control is displayed is usually useless.  Though you shouldn't need to do anything to have the data show up initially.  

I would try subscribing to the Form Load or maybe the Form Shown event or maybe some Telerik event that happens on initialization and do the RefreshAll there.  But again - you really should not have to do this.  

The other way is to wait until the Form Load event to connect the BindingSource to your query. I would try these various permutations and see if it makes a difference.

Posted by Paul Radbone on 12-Feb-2016 01:45

Hi Laura,

I have tried all the above including setting the bindingsource to the query on a button, but nothing appears to work.

Paul.

Posted by Laura Stern on 12-Feb-2016 08:00

I can compare it to one that I do have working.  Though I've never used the chart, only the grid.  But they SHOULD work the same in this respect,.  Unfortunately, I'm not in the office today and won't be back until Tuesday.  So any further help from me will have to wait until then.  In the meantime, you could log a bug.  I'm guessing it's not a bug, but we can determine that when we get it.

Posted by Paul Radbone on 12-Feb-2016 09:05

Hi Laura ok.  I think it might be a bug.  If I add a RadGridView to the same form and attch it to the same bindingSource, it works ok.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/temp.cls:320:240]

Posted by Laura Stern on 12-Feb-2016 09:22

Ah, then it sounds like a Telerik issue.  Or maybe there is some property you need to set?   Just a wild idea.  It would be worth looking at the Telerik forums.

Posted by Paul Radbone on 15-Feb-2016 03:15

I have raised a support call with telerik.  I'm unable to access the support link at the moment for some reason to raise it with Progress.

Posted by Paul Radbone on 15-Feb-2016 07:30

Also raised with Progress Support.

This thread is closed