REST JSON Catalog

Posted by spandau66 on 27-Jan-2016 02:08

Hi,

In OE 11.6 the OE Mobile project has been replaced with the WebApp Project. I have this all set up with a PAS instance.

When I access the ?_wadl of the service, I can clearly see all the exposed resources. However, I notice that the JSON Catalog is no longer generated in OE 11.6.

So without sounding dumb, How do I go about generating the JSON Catalog? I obviously need this for using JSDO with Kendo.

TIA

Martyn

All Replies

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 27-Jan-2016 02:27

JSON catalog used to be published to the static/mobile folder before OE11.6, now it's published in the static folder (in PASOEContent).

Posted by spandau66 on 27-Jan-2016 02:34

Hi Ruben,

That's the first place I looked! I have performed a search on machine and no catalog is found.

When any changes are made to the Service, it successfully publishes on the PAS Instance but alas, no JSON Catalog.

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 27-Jan-2016 02:55

Hi Martyn,

Can you please cross check, whether you have created your ABL Web App, by selecting the 'REST (Mapped RCP)' as the service type in the 'Create ABL service' wizard? If you have created such service then you will not see any json file generated.

If you create the 'ABL Web App', by selecting the 'data Object(Annotated RCP)' as the service type in the 'Create ABL service' wizard during the project creation then only you will get the json file under 'PASOEContent\static' location.

To add to your point, In OE 11.6 the OE Mobile project type has been replaced with the 'Data Object' project type.

Thanks,

Rama

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 27-Jan-2016 02:57

And your ABL Service is of the type 'Data Object (Annotated RPC)'?

In that case a catalog file (as you presumed)  <servicename>.json should be created in the static folder.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 27-Jan-2016 03:02

Hi,

I would like to add one more point in addition to what Rama has mentioned already, If you have selected DataObject (Annotated RPC) option to create Mobile (Now Data Object) Service, Can you please check whether .json file is generated or not under Project in PDS OE. You can find the .json file under <projectName>/PASOEContent/static/<serviceName>.json?

If you didn’t see .json file even after creating Data Object service, can you please check the console messages in your PDS OE. It will have information regarding creation of catalog (.json) file.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 27-Jan-2016 03:04

Hi,

I would like to add one more point in addition to what Rama has mentioned already, If you have selected DataObject (Annotated RPC) option to create Mobile (Now Data Object) Service, Can you please check whether .json file is generated or not under Project in PDS OE. You can find the .json file under <projectName>/PASOEContent/static/<serviceName>.json?

If you didn’t see .json file even after creating Data Object service, can you please check the console messages in your PDS OE. It will have information regarding creation of catalog (.json) file.

Thanks,

Sanjeev.

Posted by Ganesh Cherivirala on 27-Jan-2016 03:15

Hi,

Generally JSON file fails to generate, in case BE file is not associated to the project.

Can you please follow below specified steps and make sure of the associating the BE file corresponding to the project

1. Expand the project -> Expand Define Services Node -> Right click on the service - Select Edit option.

2. Click Next button on the Edit ABL service wizard.

3. Ensure BE file is selected and click Finish button.

4. Check for the JSON file under "<projectName>/PASOEContent/static"

Hope it helps

Regards, Ganesh

Posted by spandau66 on 27-Jan-2016 03:15

Hi All,

Thanks for the speedy replies.

My WebApp project was indeed set using 'REST (Mapped RCP)'  because I wanted the URI Mapping dialect.

I created a dummy project using 'data Object(Annotated RCP)' and a Catalog was produced.

Thanks

Martyn

This thread is closed