Can't Add or Remove Resources to OEPAS

Posted by Matheus R. Mokwa on 15-Jan-2016 07:43

I'm watching a workshop which requires that I add resources to OEPAS, but when I try to Add or Remover resources for my oepas1 instance, I'm not able to. The message that appers is: There are no resources that can be added or removed from the server.

This only happen to oepas1 instance, when I can add/remove resources for restmgr1 instance for example,

I'm using PDSOE in 11.6.

Any clues?

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 15-Jan-2016 08:02

By their naming convention, oepas1 is a PASOE instance. restmgr1 is not: it's the "OE Web server" which was added for mobile development in 11.2.

In 11.6 you can only (IIRC) add ABL Services to oepas1 . These are specifically for PASOE and not for 'classic' mobile/REST services. Similarly, you cannot add Data Object and REST services to a PASOE instance.

You can tell by the existence of a PASOEContent folder of the project that it's intended for use with PASOE. A RESTContent folder in the project indicates use by the classic AppServer (via OE Web Server).

Posted by Matheus R. Mokwa on 15-Jan-2016 09:49

Hey Peter, thank you for your response.

I'm new in this tecnology, and I didn't undestand what you mean about ABL Services, are you refering to the Data Object Service?

I'm following the instructions from this wiki:

community.progress.com/.../2568.a-sexy-ui-for-progress-openedge-using-jsdo-oe-mobile-template-and-kendo-ui-with-sorting-filtering-and-paging

If you check the Step-by-Step Guide you'll see that inSection 1.B - 7.2 he's exposing the methods as Rest servies and in 9.2 you can see that oepas1 got the resources. And the 9.3 and 9.4 it's where I'm stuck.

About the PASOEContent, in my project it didn't create this folder, only the RESTContent, even though I followed the steps correctly.

Posted by egarcia on 15-Jan-2016 10:22

Hello,

The workshop that you mentioned was developed using PASOE in OpenEdge 11.5.

Both the PDF and the video use 11.5.

There a couple of changes in OpenEdge 11.6 regarding the support for PASOE in Progress Developer Studio.

The main change is that the support for Data Object Service with PASOE (oepas1) is now done using the ABL Web App project type.

The Data Object project type is only used for the Classic AppServer (restmgr1)

When using the ABL Web App project type, make sure that you are using the desired Web App (instead of ROOT).

The other change is that the catalog file is now located in the static folder, instead of static/mobile as was the case in 11.5.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Matheus R. Mokwa on 15-Jan-2016 10:27

This: The main change is that the support for Data Object Service with PASOE (oepas1) is now done using the ABL Web App project type.

I thought i could only use rest or data object service.

Thank you.

Posted by Peter Judge on 15-Jan-2016 11:06

The important thing here is that this has changed between 11.5.1 (when the wiki/page/workshop) was created, and 11.6 (where you are).

In 11.6 you should change to do the following.
New project creation: use ABL Web App for the creation of your REST services
There is _no_ Mobile project available for selection in 11.6.0.

Next you need to change the way you create the service
Select the Data Object option

I think the remainder of the instructions are the same or similar enough that you should be able to continue.

Posted by Matheus R. Mokwa on 15-Jan-2016 11:13

Yeah, got it going now, thank you Peter.

This thread is closed