OEE in Progress Developer Studio different to localhost:9090

Posted by Ciara Coleman on 18-Dec-2015 05:01

Hello,

I recently had both OE 11.3.2 and OE 11.5 installed on my computer, both ports set to 9090 but only one adminservice running at a time (depending on what version I needed).

When running the 11.3 version, when entering into OEE via a web browser the "look and feel" was correct and all my resources were visible. However, when opening OEE via the Developer Studio, the "look and feel" was 11.5, and while the resources filters, start/stop buttons etc. were visible, it appeared as though the resources box had not expanded and I couldn't see any of my resources.

I was unable to resolve this issue, and resorted to uninstalling both versions, deleting registry keys, and starting fresh with a new 11.3.2 install. However even after going through all this, the OEE in Developer Studio was still showing the same 11.5. look and feel, and same resources issue, as before.

I was able to resolve this by either exchanging the "localhost" in the Explorer1 configuration to my computer name, or by changing my port to 9091 instead of 9090. 

Would anyone be able to advise as to why this had occurred, and what steps I could take to get the OEE in Developer Studio working with my original configuration settings?

Many thanks,

Ciara

Posted by egarcia on 18-Dec-2015 05:20

Hello Ciara,

> However, when opening OEE via the Developer Studio, the "look and feel" was 11.5, and while the resources filters,

> start/stop buttons etc. were visible

> I was able to resolve this by either exchanging the "localhost" in the Explorer1 configuration to my computer name,

> or by changing my port to 9091 instead of 9090.

This issue looks like it was a caching issue with the embedded web browser in Progress Developer Studio.

You might have observed this issue with your regular web browser as well.

It seems that the caching area for the embedded web browser (Internet Explorer) is shared, and you were seeing the UI from when you accessed OEE 11.5.

Using localhost or a different port worked because the files were not cached for the new host:port.

Clearing the cache for Internet Explorer would have solved the issue.

I hope this helps.

Edsel

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 18-Dec-2015 05:20

Hello Ciara,

> However, when opening OEE via the Developer Studio, the "look and feel" was 11.5, and while the resources filters,

> start/stop buttons etc. were visible

> I was able to resolve this by either exchanging the "localhost" in the Explorer1 configuration to my computer name,

> or by changing my port to 9091 instead of 9090.

This issue looks like it was a caching issue with the embedded web browser in Progress Developer Studio.

You might have observed this issue with your regular web browser as well.

It seems that the caching area for the embedded web browser (Internet Explorer) is shared, and you were seeing the UI from when you accessed OEE 11.5.

Using localhost or a different port worked because the files were not cached for the new host:port.

Clearing the cache for Internet Explorer would have solved the issue.

I hope this helps.

Edsel

Posted by Ciara Coleman on 18-Dec-2015 05:33

Hi Edsel,

Yes I did notice that clearing the cache on Chrome made the OEE appear correctly, but never thought I would need to clear the IE cache also. I have done so now, changed all settings back to previous values and can confirm that OEE is now appearing as expected in Developer Studio.

Thank you very much for your help with this!

Ciara

This thread is closed