Unable to correctly create, edit, delete or use OE web serve

Posted by Ciara Coleman on 18-Dec-2015 04:01

Hello,

I am trying to set up a REST API to run on RestMgr1 using Progress 11.3.2.

In Developer Studio I am unable to start restmgr1, getting various different errors including "container is offline" and basic time-out errors.

When I try to edit the configuration for restmgr1 in OEE, I get an error; "REST.restmgr1 not found...". I have, however, added the appropriate code to my ubroker.properties file as outlined here: http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000047173

I am also not able to delete restmgr1 in OEE (no button or options available on-screen) and, when creating a new OE web server, I click the "Save" button, the screen flashes momentarily but does not leave the "create new OE web server" page. When I return to my resources, this new OE web server is in the same state as restmgr1, i.e. unable to work with it.

My Tomcat server starts perfectly fine, as do normal appservers. I can also confirm that my colleagues, also running version 11.3.2, are able to successfully edit, delete and use their restmgr1 so I am assuming this is not a progress version issue.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Ciara

Posted by Ciara Coleman on 23-Dec-2015 03:36

Resolved this, the issue was caused by the following missing entries in the ubroker.properties file:

#

# Default Environment setting for Broker: restbroker1

#

[Environment.restbroker1]

TESTENV=MYENV

[ParentGroup]
AppServer=UBroker.AS
AppServer Internet Adapter=AIA
AppServer REST Adapter=REST
Messengers=WebSpeed.Messengers

Once these were added the restmgr1 was then fully operational. 

Many thanks again Navneet, 

Ciara

All Replies

Posted by knavneet on 23-Dec-2015 02:18

Hi Ciara,

If the restmgr1 is properly configured and has entries as described in the kbase, such problems should not occur.

Here's a list of checks that you might want to go thru to isolate the issue:

1. Is the Adminserver is running fine? Do you find any errors in Adminserver logs.

2. If you hit localhost:8980/.../status do you get 200 OK with a JSON output which has status as RUNNING?

3. If you go to proenv shell, and say "restman -i restmgr1 -q', do you get status as RUNNING?

Please let me know what you see for the above list.

Thanks,

Navneet

Posted by Ciara Coleman on 23-Dec-2015 03:16

Hi Navneet,

Thank you very much for your response. I have run the checks you outlined above, and these are the results:

1. Adminserver is running as expected. Errors showing in the log at startup time "Licence check status: Plugin not licensed." for plugins MSSDataServer, ODBCDataServer, and OracleDataServer and also a Tomcat warning "WARN:oejh.HttpGenerator:Ignoring extra content"

I also notice that these lines appear later on in the log:

restmgr1: online

Binding resource to surrogate. AdminServer name: XXX. Resource name: restmgr1 (17219)

2. Yes, when I visit that I get a JSON output with status: running, description: REST manager servlet etc.

3. when I query restmgr1 in Proenv I receive the following response:

Searching for restmgr1

Unable to connect to restmgr1

Unable to find restmgr1

If there is any other information that I can provide that might be helpful please do let me know.

Many thanks.

Ciara

Posted by Ciara Coleman on 23-Dec-2015 03:36

Resolved this, the issue was caused by the following missing entries in the ubroker.properties file:

#

# Default Environment setting for Broker: restbroker1

#

[Environment.restbroker1]

TESTENV=MYENV

[ParentGroup]
AppServer=UBroker.AS
AppServer Internet Adapter=AIA
AppServer REST Adapter=REST
Messengers=WebSpeed.Messengers

Once these were added the restmgr1 was then fully operational. 

Many thanks again Navneet, 

Ciara

This thread is closed