Different type of behavior seen in use of FIELDS phrase in p

Posted by nilesh_pharate on 25-Nov-2015 23:36

I am using progress 10.2B with data server for oracle. When I am using FIELDS option on one table with For first query in no-lock and trying to access fields which are not there in fields phrase, I am getting error which is correct behavior, but when I am running same query in other environment and accessing field which is not there in FIELDS phrase, I am able to access that field and its not giving any error. Is there any environment specific parameter which will suppress use of fields phrase ? Any comments or suggestions are most welcome.

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 26-Nov-2015 02:19

There is a parameter which you can set to re-find records where the FIELDS phrase doesn't match. Unfortunately I can't remember what it's called. I also seem to remember it was released in 11.x though, although it's possible it was in one of the later service packs for 10.2B.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 27-Nov-2015 02:16

The parameter James is referring to is "-rereadfields". (documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

I too think this was introduced in 11.x, but don't quote me on that...

Posted by James Palmer on 27-Nov-2015 03:41

Thanks Lieven. That's the one.

Posted by James Palmer on 27-Nov-2015 03:45

And now you mention it I see I've had this dilemma before! It was introduced in 10.2B07

www.progresstalk.com/.../

Posted by nilesh_pharate on 06-Dec-2015 22:29

thanks James and Lieven

This thread is closed