Windows 10 OS themed browse background header colour

Posted by shuttleworth on 20-Nov-2015 04:59

Both Windows 7 & 8 display the browse header using the OS themed style which results in a light grey effect. This works for us as the look blends well with our application and more importantly the header remains a different colour to the white browse rows.

Windows 7

Windows 8

Under Windows 10 the default themed browse header is plain white which results in header and rows blending together.

Is there a way to change the background colour for an OS themed browse header without resorting to UseClassicBrowseHeader option?

Classic browse look

* OpenEdge version 10.2B08

Dave

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 23-Nov-2015 09:16

OpenEdge can't modify the colors of themed elements like the browse header. There's no way to do it in the Windows Theme API. I think that your only option is to find a theme that has the look that you want. If you can't find one you could create or modify one, but I don't know how much work that is.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 23-Nov-2015 09:16

OpenEdge can't modify the colors of themed elements like the browse header. There's no way to do it in the Windows Theme API. I think that your only option is to find a theme that has the look that you want. If you can't find one you could create or modify one, but I don't know how much work that is.

Posted by shuttleworth on 23-Nov-2015 10:04

Thanks Matt, I knew it was a long shot.

This thread is closed