webclient is not installing my app

Posted by joey eisma on 17-Nov-2015 11:41

hi!

installed webclient 11.6 64bit manually. point my browser to bootstrap.htm where it downloaded the prowcapc file.

installer confirms if i want to upgrade to 64bit (it's not detecting my installed version)

clicked Yes anyway. so browser redirected to where the 64bit installer is (as enter in Webclient 64-bit install URL). got a response 403.14 (because i did not enable directory browsing).

the webclient app is not being installed.

i''ve been poking around, don't know what i missed.

any ideas?

thank you!

joey

ie 11

win7 64bit

Posted by Garry Hall on 17-Nov-2015 12:35

The version it is referring to is the WebClient version, not the application version. In the WebClient Application Assembler, in the WebClient tab, it shows you the acceptable versions of WebClient. This should say "11.6", not "1.1".

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 17-Nov-2015 12:00

What is the exact text of the message when the installer asks if you want to upgrade to 64-bit? There is a fairly strict string match on the version, so if that fails, it will not detect your existing install.

Posted by joey eisma on 17-Nov-2015 12:23

did a trace of the variable "installed" in bootstrap.htm returns true.

this is the text.

Version 1.1 (64-bit) of Progress Webclient must be used to run this application. Do

you want to update to version 1.1 (64-bit) now? If you click "Cancel", you will not be

able to run the application.

Posted by joey eisma on 17-Nov-2015 12:32

i don't know if it matters, i'm using OE11.6 64 bit classroom edition.

downloaded both webclient 32 and 64 bit, alternately installed both (manually) but i get the same problem.

Posted by Garry Hall on 17-Nov-2015 12:35

The version it is referring to is the WebClient version, not the application version. In the WebClient Application Assembler, in the WebClient tab, it shows you the acceptable versions of WebClient. This should say "11.6", not "1.1".

Posted by joey eisma on 17-Nov-2015 14:38

that was it! thank you! i thought that field would have been my app's version.

This thread is closed