AutoEdge|TheFactory Mobile Sample - not downloading

Posted by Szymon Chojnacki on 30-Sep-2015 16:51

Hi I try to run "AutoEdge|TheFactory Mobile Sample Application" from within the Developer Studio (as described in chapter 7 of OpenEdge® Getting Started: Guide for New Developers).

I get a message that "The selected sample/tutorial could not be opened". Screenshot is below.

Please let me know if there is other way to download aetf_mobile.zip 

All Replies

Posted by Shelley Chase on 30-Sep-2015 17:21

Hi Szymon,

What version of OpenEdge are you using?

You can try:

community.progress.com/.../2268.autoedgethefactory-1-0-11

or

community.progress.com/.../2132.autoedgethefactory

Let us know if you still have issues.

Thanks

Shelley

Posted by Szymon Chojnacki on 02-Oct-2015 11:38

Hi Shelley,

I will give a try with the links you supplied.

I am using "Progress® OpenEdge® 11.5 Evaluation", (see the screenshot)

During installation I entered only Serial Number and Control Code for: "Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge" Windows 64bit.  The first position on the list of available serial codes:

However, I see in the prerequisites for AutoEdge Getting Started that I should also install:

OpenEdge Database and AppServer. So I will add serial numbers for OpenEdge Application Server and OpenEdge Enterprise RDBMS. And hope that it would be enough to run AutoEdge Factory example. 

I see in the prerequisites that also Savvion 8+ with BPM Studio and Business Manager are required, but I do not see these tools in my trial download page.

Best,

ps. I attache two more screenshots showing my installation process:

Posted by Peter Judge on 05-Oct-2015 10:49

> I see in the prerequisites that also Savvion 8+ with BPM Studio and Business Manager are required, but I do not see these tools in my trial download page.

This page is somewhat outdated. The Developer Studio environment contains OEBPM (which is the replacement product name for Savvion).

This thread is closed