How to obtain the rowid from the BeforeRowUpdate event of an

Posted by PeterWokke on 21-Sep-2015 05:20

Within the BeforeRowUpdate I would like to check if a record with already exist with the same date value.

I can preform a find on the buffer table within the bindingSource of the ultraGrid.

To be sure it do not find its own record I could check on the rowid of the records.

Question how to obtain the correct rowid from the UltraGrid event  BeforeRowUpdate.

Is that a property within the Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.CancelableRowEventArgs.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Sep-2015 08:38

The ProBindingSource does not expose any ROWID's to the .NET side. So the UltraGrid has no Knowledge.

Best suggestion is to use non-changable primary unique key values (e.g. GUID's) instead. They allow you to identify a record equally well.

If you have to rely on ROWID's or RECID's, temp-tables (ProDatasets) with calculated fields may help you. But I'd rather build around the primary unique key.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Sep-2015 08:38

The ProBindingSource does not expose any ROWID's to the .NET side. So the UltraGrid has no Knowledge.

Best suggestion is to use non-changable primary unique key values (e.g. GUID's) instead. They allow you to identify a record equally well.

If you have to rely on ROWID's or RECID's, temp-tables (ProDatasets) with calculated fields may help you. But I'd rather build around the primary unique key.

Posted by Laura Stern on 30-Sep-2015 08:40

Yes - a week late due to vacation:  If I'm understanding this correctly, you can just get the ROWID of the current record in the buffer that the BindingSource is using.  That should be the record about to be updated.  

This thread is closed