PDSOE 11.5.1 Keyword casing in quoted string

Posted by PapaLee on 18-Sep-2015 10:46

I seek the answer, but do not find... How does one tell PDSOE 11.5.1 to not correct case of keywords inside quoted/literal strings?

It would be a wonderful feature, but is rendered completely useless with its current behavior of changing the case of keywords inside literal strings! Super Angry 

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 18-Sep-2015 10:49

Oh wow is this one still rearing its head in 11.5? I remember having that in 10.x. Can't remember for the life of me how to fix it though.

Posted by PapaLee on 18-Sep-2015 10:58

Thanks for the link James, but that doesn't apply to PDSOE. I'd already looked at and tried it. :(

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 19-Sep-2015 11:25

Hi,

There is no specific option to exclude few statements from casing. However Keyword casing is not applied for text inside literal strings. Can you please provide sample code where casing is applied for literal strings.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by PapaLee on 21-Sep-2015 11:51

Hi Swathi,

I don't have an example at my fingertips, but will post one as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Lee

Posted by PapaLee on 21-Sep-2015 17:04

Hi again Swathi,

Here is an example of keyword casing being applied to quoted text.

Before

After correcting case

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 22-Sep-2015 06:45

Hi,

I have tried similar kind of sample (given below). Correct casing is working properly. It is not changing the casing of 'End' and 'Not' words. I am guessing this sample code will work for you also. If not please let us know. Otherwise as i said earlier, there is no specific setting available to ignore few cases from correct casing. It is applied to complete file and quoted text is mostly not changed as part of correct casing. Any place this is not working will be treated as issue. Please report Issue with your sample code.

Sample tried:

DEFINE VARIABLE var1                AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

DEFINE VARIABLE popup-title         AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

DEFINE VARIABLE popup-list          AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

DEFINE VARIABLE var11               AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

DEFINE VARIABLE popup-menu-row      AS INT       NO-UNDO.

DEFINE VARIABLE update-select-popup AS LOGICAL   NO-UNDO.

IF update-select-popup THEN

DO:

ASSIGN

var1           = " USER-PRO " + "was Not updated"

popup-menu-row = 5

popup-title    = "window Choices"

popup-list     = "groups,"

+ "Notes,"

+ "User-defined Info,"

+ "End"

+ "Test".

END.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 22-Sep-2015 07:40

It appears that PapaLee is forcing keywords to lower case and then keywords in literal strings are changed as well, but the samples every body else make force keywords to upper case.

Is it possible that there is a bug here that only appears when the properties are set to prefer lower case keywords?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 22-Sep-2015 07:44

I knew there were always great reasons to use ABL in documentation style :-), (sorry Peter Judge)

Posted by PapaLee on 22-Sep-2015 08:46

I will log an issue with TS.

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 22-Sep-2015 09:04

I did test setting casing option to lower and upper. In both cases code inside quotes is not changed for me. Issue seems to be specific to code :(

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 22-Sep-2015 09:32

@Mike, more like a conspiracy on the part of PSC to justify their choice.

This thread is closed