MS-EXCEL 2013 - ActiveX Automation (Progress 10.1C)

Posted by pgupta1974 on 09-Sep-2015 10:29

HI, I have a working 4GL code that creates 2 Excel worksheets using ActiveX automation. No activeX controls are used. I recently installed MS-EXCEL 2013 32 Bit on a windows 64 bit machine. The same code started giving "exception error". The error message number is 5890. During debug, I found out that the same code is able to create first spreadsheet but creates an error while trying to create 2nd worksheet. I tried recompiling code on same machine with office 13 but that did not help. If i run the program and generate EXCEL with 2 worksheets in Office 10, the same can be open in Office13 without issues. Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 09-Sep-2015 12:22

I would suggest contacting Progress Technical Support for assistance. If the only difference is MS-EXCEL 2013, then this suggests there might be an issue with MS-EXCEL, but that would need further investigation to determine.

Posted by Garry Hall on 09-Sep-2015 12:32

Also, if this an issue specific to MS-EXCEL 2013, then you could try to reproduce the problem outside of OE. There might already be posts similar to this on other forums.

Posted by pgupta1974 on 09-Sep-2015 12:37

Regards,

Puneet Gupta
610-588-0965 ext. 2424

[collapse]
From: Garry Hall [mailto:bounce-gih@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 1:24 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] MS-EXCEL 2013 - ActiveX Automation (Progress 10.1C)

Reply by Garry Hall

I would suggest contacting Progress Technical Support for assistance. If the only difference is MS-EXCEL 2013, then this suggests there might be an issue with MS-EXCEL, but that would need further investigation to determine.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 09-Sep-2015 12:41

Puneet,

You could try starting macro recording, insert your first worksheet, do some things to it, insert the second worksheet, stop the macro recording and look at the resulting macro.  That might give you something that you can use to determine what is different between the 2013 version of Excel and earlier versions.

Brian

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 09-Sep-2015 12:43

Puneet,

You may also want to look at this -> msdn.microsoft.com/.../ff839847.aspx

Brian

This thread is closed