Progress Versions

Posted by YESHWANTH REDDY ____-__-__ on 09-Sep-2015 10:11

Hi

Is there any function available in progress to list out all the versions of progress installed  in the server ? 

PROVERSION is the function that which returns the version currently running but i need to list all the installed versions available in the server .

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 09-Sep-2015 10:24

What platform? If you have 11.0 or later on Windows, there is a _proinventory utility installed as part of OE which will gather up this information from the registry, along with a lot of other information. There is no central place on unix/linux where OE stores version info, so the only way would be a file system search.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 09-Sep-2015 10:31

In Unix it helps to have a good version naming convention so you don't have to do file system searches, but conventions can be ignored.  The search is the only way to be sure.

You can also look at the contents of /etc/ProDbgCK, though it might point to old installations that no longer exist.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 09-Sep-2015 10:45

if this is about unix/linux then "cat /etc/progress" - tho this will tell/list you the versions that *have been* installed, not they are currently installed (eg if you remove the install, the entry will still be present in /etc/progress)

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 10-Sep-2015 06:47

In Windows you could examine the registry. On my machine this is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PSC\PROGRESS

Posted by YESHWANTH REDDY ____-__-__ on 10-Sep-2015 06:48

102B version using on window 2008 platform

Posted by YESHWANTH REDDY ____-__-__ on 10-Sep-2015 06:53

Hi Lieven,

With this option even uninstalled versions are available in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PSC\PROGRESS.

I have uninstalled 11.3  but still i can see the 113 entry in registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PSC\PROGRESS

Thanks for your response.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 11-Sep-2015 04:15

You could get the DLC value from the Startup section in the registry for each version and check if that directory still actually exists on the file system.

This thread is closed